Drivers window

AndyW!

Reaction score
Hi all,

To go along with a previous thread if mine...

Yesterday when i arrived at work, i went to put my drivers window back up but it wouldnt move. The window will go down and will stop going down when i press the switch up. But will not go up either with keeping it pressed or by the one touch setting. All other windows are working fine.

Im having to keep the lock button pressed on key fob to close the window.

Any help and advice appreciated.

Well the global closing via the fob has proved the door module, window motor and regulator are ok so have to suspect it's the switch.

is getting a new switch a dealer jobby? or can i get one on ebay?

when you say switch, am i right in guessing the actual thing that you press/pull is what youre referring to?

Quick update. .. i have another thread for a problem im having with the intermittent engine management light. This morning, the eml went off and the window operated 100% fine whixh i thought was extremely strange.

Any clues?

In that case you need a VCDS scan for further info......no point at all in guessing, it just results in spending money unnecessarily.

Hi guys. I had a mate use his fault reader today on my car. It came out with this P2011 Intake manifold runner control circuit/ open bank 2. Does this mean anything to anyone?

Cheers dude.

Just been into volkswagen scarborough and priced a few bits up. From what ive read you had to buy the full unit but after checking with vw and your link it seems thats not the case. The little rod thing i mention in another post (eml query) seems to be loose so hopefully thats all it will take instead of 550 plus for the manifold unit or 130 plus for the rod and motor.