Drivers window regulator

dannyjb

Reaction score
Is the repair of the regulator the same as it is in the B6 where you have to take the top part of the door (window frame) off mines just made the horrible noise chewing up so guess will be the next job

****** haha.. Same went on my B6 just priced one up at a local parts place they want £70 found same one using part number on flea bay for £19

Reactions: carlcall
Yeah window frame has to come off, done mine back at the end of the summer not a difficult job now

Reactions: dannyjb
No frame on mine as cab, but while thing took about hour and a half. Got genuine parts from Mike for around the same price that the breakers wanted.

Well looks like mines gone, oh the joys.

Anyone any ideas what the cost will be for the parts? Always where's the best place to buy them?

Dani, got mine from Mike on the parts request. £135 delivered. Waited for one from either fleabay or breakers but that they wanted nearly as much. Drivers side for a cab are on a par with rocking horse poo.
Don't go down the cheapo repair kits as I did this before and it lasted about 3 months till the cable frayed.

Reactions: Dani_B19
Wow that's steep mate. I exepected about £50/60 tops haha.

****** Audis eh.

I bought mine off amazon for about 20quid 18 mnths ago and it still works fine.

Try buying one for a cab especially the drivers side, more chance of buying hens teeth.
As I said some breakers wanted between 90 and 120 for a second hand one which could fail at any time.

Finally got round to doing the regulator today :) not a particularly hard job just annoying having to take top part of the door frame off.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    911.8 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    816.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    791.6 KB · Views: 120
The cables mate just chewed out of it all so looks this