Drivers storage compartment retrofit

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the not picking this back up sooner!

@rasA4 contacted me in regard to setting this "Group Buy" up for theses.

The price would include the 2 plastic trays need,1 speed nut and the 2 additional bolts @NicoS85 needed a little later.

The items are on back order so there would be a wait of around 5-9 days on these.Postage would be included in the price.

If you wish to order these please PM me and ill get back in touch with payment details etc....

£170.00!

Hi just to clarify, the speed nut was unnecessary, all that is needed is the dash trim and storage box in my first post and 2 of the bolts I ordered afterwards. Thanks.

Reactions: rasA4
Hi just to clarify, the speed nut was unnecessary, all that is needed is the dash trim and storage box in my first post and 2 of the bolts I ordered afterwards. Thanks.[/
Hi Guys,

The price would include the 2 plastic trays need,1 speed nut and the 2 additional bolts @NicoS85 needed a little later.

The items are on back order so there would be a wait of around 5-9 days on these.Postage would be included in the price.

If you wish to order these please PM me and ill get back in touch with payment details etc....

£170.00!

Forgot to say pm /payment sent and confirmed order placed.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the order on this seems to be very popular,ive had 5 orders already!

If there are members who are still interested please feel free to pm.

Thanks again,Tom

Reactions: kiter and rasA4
Bits arrived today. Thanks Tom.

Reactions: creweaudiparts and rasA4
My order also arrived today. Off to fit them now :icon thumright:

Reactions: creweaudiparts and rasA4
Mine also arrived today and manage to fit it in about 30 mins. As Nico said. It is easier to attach the tray to the trim prior to installation into the car.

Fitted perfectly in my RS4. However appears to be missing noise insulation material that was on the original panel. You could cut round the old one to make it fit. But didn’t see the need for it so just left it out.

Thanks again Nico for trying it out first and crewaudi for sorting the parts so quick. Really happy now I have an extra cubby hole to store junk.

Reactions: creweaudiparts, NicoS85 and rasA4
As above, all fitted in 20-30 minutes. Dead easy, although I found it a wee bit tricky to line up properly but nothing major.

Reactions: creweaudiparts
One thing to note - I ordered the storage pack so have this as standard. Use it keep change etc. Under emergency stop type breaking coins can slip through a crack somewhere into the footwell - haven't got round to investigating yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

One thing to note - I ordered the storage pack so have this as standard. Use it keep change etc. Under emergency stop type breaking coins can slip through a crack somewhere into the footwell - haven't got round to investigating yet.

Because there are circular holes in the bottom at the back of the compartment. Why would you keep change in place so hard to get to the back off? You must have really small hands! :)

Because there are circular holes in the bottom at the back of the compartment. Why would you keep change in place so hard to get to the back off? You must have really small hands! :)
The back is stuffed with the Audi first aid kit, which means all the change sits really handily on the ledge just at the front of the compartment...

About average ;)
f499ccee0f6d58ac4b8f832ecc3647b0.jpg

If anyone is interested the damping material for the noise insulation is part 8W2 864 043 for RHD vehicles (A5 B9 so assuming its the same).

Damping

@creweaudiparts May be worth including as an option for the kit if you still have interest?

Reactions: rasA4
Yeah, I image if you buy the part above you would need to cut it down anyway, just noticed someone had said it was missing

Any chance you can find the parts/ part numbers for the other storage pack pieces @creweaudiparts ? I’m keen on the cup holders in the armrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed Tom back in July about this (and just remembered i forgot to reply back!)

He came back with “Best price now would be £208.00 inc delivery”

Reactions: DyslexicDog
Hi Guys,

£170.00!
Any chance you can pop me a PM

New user and cant seem to message you

Just a quick update for anyone still looking to do this.

I ordered the parts from my local Audi branch using the part codes above, cost was £250, and took 30 mins to fit.

This did allow for me being careful as this was the 1st attempt at removing panels on the car.

Hope this helps.

Just a quick update for anyone still looking to do this.

I ordered the parts from my local Audi branch using the part codes above, cost was £250, and took 30 mins to fit.

This did allow for me being careful as this was the 1st attempt at removing panels on the car.

Hope this helps.
That's expensive! Do you think bits worth it?.I though about doing the under seat storage as alot less ?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

That's expensive! Do you think bits worth it?.I though about doing the under seat storage as alot less ?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
It is a little on the expensive side but does match all other costs I had seen for the parts. I did try searching around for a while before ordering but didn't find them cheaper anywhere else.

The added storage is useful for keeping a drink or other supplies in while driving which would otherwise be out of reach due to overall lack of storage in the car. I think the overall decision on if the cost is worth it depends on what you plan on storing in there and how much you need that within reach while driving.

You got lucky as I searched for a while trying to get the parts on places like ebay etc. Hope you managed to get the panel too?

The panel underneath, the old one fits so it’s only the compartment that is needed.

I’m looking to sell my vehicle so will be removing the compartment shortly.

Happy to pass on for £70+ shipping if anyone is interested?

Will post in sale thread later with photos. Will have other bits too.

I’m looking to sell my vehicle so will be removing the compartment shortly.

Happy to pass on for £70+ shipping if anyone is interested?

Will post in sale thread later with photos. Will have other bits too.

I'd be interested, its the same parts for the A5 B9 I believe.

If anyone decides they want to fit one of these to an A5 convertible (B9) then they need to be handy with a dremmel :D

There is a tubular bracing frame in this car that needs a notch taking out of the storage box in order for it to fit. Not an issue once you realise that is why you can't get it to fit. Once the notch is there, it it fits nice and easily. You will want to make sure the notch is then sealed off so that whatever you put in the storage can't fall out of any gap.

Does answer why I didn't see any convertibles with the storage installed when I was looking at them, unless their is another part for the convertible, but not seen one.