Drivers Side Mirror Switch

alex350r

Reaction score
Had a problem since day 1 of owning my B7 where the drivers door mirror won't adjust electrically using the switch.

Traced to problem in door card eventually - motor is fine and wiring from car to door seems fine.

Sat here staring at the door card which I took off earlier (easier than I thought and no clips broke!!) and wondering how to check/test?! Wiring harness looks like as does wiring to switch. Shall I hook up and test with multimeter? If so what pins?!

Or is it most likely the switch that's dead - £30 new from Audi apparently - nice!!

Any help appreciated :)

Cheers

Are they folding mirrors, if not then I may have 1 for some beer tokens.

Are they folding mirrors, if not then I may have 1 for some beer tokens.

Nah just bog standard B7 mirrors with standard adjustment switch. That would be amazing if you do have one? what condition is it in?

Cheers

Afaik vgc, I know I have a newer brushed trim non folding version & a standard black folding version which will still work fully even with no folding mirrors.

Afaik vgc, I know I have a newer brushed trim non folding version & a standard black folding version which will still work fully even with no folding mirrors.

Sweet - the brushed trim one would be nice, any chance you could send me a photo? I'll PM you my e-mail address.

Cheers

Can you let me know if you deffo want to sell? How much etc? As i'd like to get it sorted soon and need to know whether I need to buy one from elsewhere. Cheers

Hi,

Any news on this? I can source one off ebay but would rather buy the chrome one for you - if it will definitely fit/work on a 2005 B7 A4?

Cheers

Received the mirror switch from NHN - cheers mate but sadly it hasn't fixed the issue :-(

Any ideas where to look next?

Tried motor, wiring in grommet in door and switch. Have I now got to remove the mirror to look at the wiring there or is it even the wiring in the door itself?!

Is there any way I can check using a multimeter for a current?

Cheers