Driver's side heater flap motor

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
So, it looks like I am going to need to replace the temperature control heater flap motor on the driver's side as well as the passenger side. After searching this and other forums, I think I have identified it as part number 8E2820511, with a yellow arm. A bit like this one here.
Can anyone confirm if that is the correct part for the driver's side, and if it, where it is located. I took my lower dash panel off the other day, and although I admit I didn't look very closely, it didn't immediately show itself in the way the passenger side one does. A pic would be brilliant, if anyone has one.

Well, I had a go, but it just defeated me. The driver's side motor is almost completely hidden from view, and you have to work blind, by touch alone. Worse for me is that you can only really use your right hand, and I am left handed. It took me a full hour just to release the three retaining screws, by which time I realised there was no chance of me getting the new motor in place, connected to the flap linkage and working before dark.

So the car's at the garage just now, and i'm going to have a bacon sandwich.

Reactions: scotty76
All sorted now Jeff?

Yup; lovely bacon buttie with brown sauce and........oh, I see what you mean.

Yeah, the heater is now working perfectly, thanks. Only thing is, whilst I was wedged into the footwell wrestling with the old motor, the pressure of my torso on the driver's door sill appears to have cracked a rib. I have been in agony ever since.

Reactions: scotty76