Drivers electric seat controls not fully working

***DK***

Reaction score
Hi guys
Went out to the car yesterday to find that my driver's seat controls now only seem to half work for some reason. On each switch, i get one function but not the other. So I can make the seat go up and down but not forward and backward, I can tilt the back section back and forward but the headrest won't go up and down, and two lumber functions work but not the other 2. What's going on?
Anyone had this and worked out the issue? Driving me nuts. I just had a quick look under the seat and as far as I can see the plugs are well seated.

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Have you had a look at the fuses? On my old car one fuse controlled two functions and another fuse the other seat functions. That'd be my first checking point.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I checked the manual and couldn't see any fuse that says it's for the seats...will take another look through.

On the old s3 recaros the micro switch used to dry and would need to be replaced. Not cheap or easy. May not be that but chance it could be.

Thanks to NHN for spending the time to diagnose what seems to be causing the seat failure. Down to water damaged Easy Entry module. Seems to control the forward motion to the seat motor and was sending a voltage error to his systems. Hopefully one comes up on fleabay soon to replace it.
dbc6fddeb8a1f198020027d6df300db3.jpg

Reactions: Jack Kelly
had the same problem with mine I took the unit out of the passenger side and fitted it to the drivers side togive me back control . found the units on ebay from the states at about £140 second hand I haven't looked to see what they are new but I'm sure they are not cheap .