Drivers door not locking

SinkyA3

Reaction score
Having a problem with my drivers door.. it doesnt lock with the key fob and the button inside the car doesnt lock it and doesnt show up with the red light either.. all the other doors lock with the key fob and i can only lock the drivers door using the key.
Is it likely to be the door module or a broken wire

Cheers

You'll need to remove the door card. The solenoid may have packed up, a wire come loose, the terminals corroded or the wiring loom has started to break up in the door to A post gaiter. All that opening and closing the drivers door flexes the copper conductors over the years and they eventually break, sometimes the insulation is undamaged but the conductors inside are broke.

You'll need to remove the door card. The solenoid may have packed up, a wire come loose, the terminals corroded or the wiring loom has started to break up in the door to A post gaiter. All that opening and closing the drivers door flexes the copper conductors over the years and they eventually break, sometimes the insulation is undamaged but the conductors inside are broke.

Thanks for info i will have a look tomorrow