Driver's door latch not gripping

quattrokid

Reaction score
Last night parking up at home, the drivers door didn't fully close, bring dark I assumed the seatbelt was hanging over the sill but it wasn't so tried again.. wouldn't engage fully, you could get your fingertips between the door and body and it was half latched!

Even with a good slam it won't engage properly, eventually it did so now I'm clambering in from the passenger door,

Audi wants 92 quid for a new door lock !!!!

are these adjustable inside the door ?

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich,

As I mentioned to you last night briefly fella, I have had this issue and it was quiet easy to spot.

The pin in my door hinge had come loose/out of place and so I required a new hinge as it was allowing the door to drop and not line up when shutting - I did heard a metal vs metal noise if I didn't fully lift the door up when closing it, but the majority of time a good slam would shut it.

When you do close it, put your hands under the door and see if there is any up and down movement by giving it a small lift up and down - if there is any play then you should be able to shut it by lifting it up slightly and you can rectify it by buying a new hinge from TPS/Audi.

Hope it's as an easy fix as that ^^^^^ hinge was about £20 a couple of years ago IIRC

Chris

Cheers Chris ...

Got a plan ... swap the imola door onto the noggy !! pmsl !!

I'll get in drydock next week to do a few other wee jobs that needs addressed as discused with you on FB.
It will be checked properly then, no play on the door either by the way...

I don't think Mrs QK would be happy....

It would start looking like this! hahaha

S3 Harlequin edition :p

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_87 Mar. 21 11.20.jpg
    ScreenHunter_87 Mar. 21 11.20.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 112
Photoshop a harlequin S3 anyone??

Photoshop a harlequin S3 anyone??

Maybe it would look something like this

Audi_S3_zps0fc21003.jpg

Seriously though... I had the dreaded door bounce and tried twiddling the hinge, lock, striker plate etc, but ended up fitting a new lock :(

Reactions: kwistof
Haha brill! One way to make your imola stand out more!

Those wheels and mirrors are crying out for some pasti dip :)