Driver window not working

Jordan6

Reaction score
Got a a3 2006 3 door, my driver side window has stopped working, fuses are fine, window regulator is fine, button still makes clicking noise also passenger window goes down still

are you absolutely sure window regulator is fine? I was unlucky, mine stopped working while it was down, not up!!

Take the door card off and unscrew the motor from the regulator, connect up the window switches again and see if the motor runs, if it does then something is jamming the regulator or window glass.

are you absolutely sure window regulator is fine? I was unlucky, mine stopped working while it was down, not up!!

Yeah the window
Take the door card off and unscrew the motor from the regulator, connect up the window switches again and see if the motor runs, if it does then something is jamming the regulator or window glass.

So I've had a little look at my window took the motor off and stuff and tried it, just kept clicking, so I put it all back together and my window is working ish, I press down goes down very slow (only half way) makes a grinding noise, then when I press up it goes up and back down, so I'm lost

Hope you check the nylon gear wheel has no teeth missing. My guess is the Motor is stuffed.

Hope you check the nylon gear wheel has no teeth missing. My guess is the Motor is stuffed.

All the teeth on the motor are in good condition, I'll check it again and make sure it's flush properly

Try the motor in the other door, up and down may be reversed though.