Driver side heater motor

jarnold231

Reaction score
Working through my list of things to fix on the A4 and I have now come to the driver side heater.

The thing is blowing hot air out into the footwell at some rate. The previous owner changed the Heat Exchanger, which is definitely working. From my reading up across the forum it would seem that the yellow (driver side) motor is stuck in the open position?

I understand this is the hardest one to get at, so before I do go and dig it out for replacement does anyone have any further insight on this issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I recently replaced mine recently as the arm had snapped - common, apparently.
Yes, it is a PITA to do - make sure you have a good 1/4 drive socket set, the right Torx bits and be prepared to lie in the footwell upside down.
In all, took me about 30 minutes.

Oh, beware - brake and clutch switches are best removed, but both of mine stopped working and had to replace.
Check out Total Technik on Youtube for helpful videos like this -

Reactions: jarnold231
I recently replaced mine recently as the arm had snapped - common, apparently.
Yes, it is a PITA to do - make sure you have a good 1/4 drive socket set, the right Torx bits and be prepared to lie in the footwell upside down.
In all, took me about 30 minutes.

Oh, beware - brake and clutch switches are best removed, but both of mine stopped working and had to replace.
Check out Total Technik on Youtube for helpful videos like this -

Thanks Pedrödelabongo. Got myself a little wera kit that seems to have almost everything you need for an A4, including a tiny little ratchet which is awesome. Will get some parts ordered including a clutch and brake switch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk