Driver door rattle

JodyMussen

Reaction score
Anyone have a rattle in driver side door? Seems like mine is coming from bottom corner of the window area but can't pinpoint exactly where. Anyone able to sort theirs?

Me too :)

I'm never quite sure if it is the door or B pillar

Will try that 1 later! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an 18 month check-up, and mentioned my offside doors rattling, apparently they took the door cards off, re-greased some bolts, and now sorted :)

Reactions: xpoweruk
I had a rattle from my rear passenger door. When it was in for service they sorted it. Turned out to be the window regulator. Invoice says:

"After diagnosis found window regulator rattling. Re-adjusted and tested, all okay."

That one was free to me but £99.86 going off to Audi warranty invoices - ouch.

Reactions: Marky007 and xpoweruk
Try leaning on the door card where the alarm LED is... does it stop? (It does for me!)

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to make much difference! Only rattles over rough roads and after bumps etc. Very annoying!

Mines got an annoying creak from the gear stick leather gator. Drives me mad to the point where I have to turn the rock music up more.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Audigit and xpoweruk
Same here.. I took the car to the dealership for fixing my door handle (i broke it).. and i mentioned the rattle noise.. they checked it and found nothing.

loud music is my temporary solution.. I'm considering removing the door card my self and give it a go.. too worried to break it cause I did that before lol..

I'm starting to think mine may be the door seals,gonna try some of that Gummi fliege (SP) i think

Mine went in for its 18 month check-up, I mentioned both offside doors sounded like the insides were rattling, they test drove it, and agreed, the apparent solution was re-greasing certain fixings, (with a special grease no less), but it cured the problem. Under warranty fortunately.

Reactions: scotty76 and xpoweruk
Xpoweruk how did the gummi fliege stuff work? Any luck with it?

I still haven't got around to buying it yet :)

My B8.5 is full of rattles. It's as if there is something loose behind the passenger door trim or above the glovebox.

I need to get it booked in for a look

Mine is in driver door area and then the gear stick area rattles slightly!

Removed silver trim and tightened the screws on show which were loose, refitted the trim, no difference at all! Next step is to remove the door trim and check for loose screws etc. Tried using the gummi fliege and it's made no difference at all. The battle continues

Removed silver trim and tightened the screws on show which were loose, refitted the trim, no difference at all! Next step is to remove the door trim and check for loose screws etc. Tried using the gummi fliege and it's made no difference at all. The battle continues

The screw at the very bottom of the door card fixed it for me. Went around and tightened them all up, they were barely hand tight. No more rattles...

Sent from my Brain via my Keyboard

Reactions: JodyMussen
The screw at the very bottom of the door card fixed it for me. Went around and tightened them all up, they were barely hand tight. No more rattles...

Need to try that tomorrow! Here's hoping

Like a different car now! Thanks for the tip!

Problem returned! Must be inside the door trim! Ahhh

Sure there was a recall about it somewhere?
I thought that was the pillar? A couple guys had there door cards off by Audi garages and just had certain parts greased. That also seemed to solve the rattles and squeaks.

I know I still get a few squeaks depending on the weather around the door seals.

Just noticed a rattle behind drivers headlight tonight when swapping cars over :( Hopefully it sorts itself out

The shiny black trim on the outside could be the culprit! Noticed today that when I touched it it squeaked. Stuck some kitchen roll up where the black trim meets the metal, lodged it between the 2 doors and there wasn't a rattle on a short journey. Will know more tomorrow! Could be worth a try!

Fingers crossed you get it sorted there's nothing worse.
Had an annoying noise on bmw e90 dash, took me ages to sort it
"ahhh all quiet" now turn the radio up

I used black felt for mine.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Reactions: JodyMussen
Had a rattle from passenger doors over 60mph which was driving me crazy. Took it to Audi and they found a stone trapped between underside sield and floor pan. Since they removed it it's rattle free again.

I've got this same rattling noise at the bottom of the drivers door. Only developed in the last two months. Drives me up the walls when travelling on rough roads which over here is full of.

Just been out tightened all screws on door noise still there somewhere :wtf: