drive way issue mk II

myzeneye

Reaction score
does anyone remember my drivway paving problem......
well, its getting done on monday...... but today, i had a reply from an email i sent to the local council asking about paving the small patch of mud next to my driveway were i park my works van........
the reply read as follows......just to be clear, can anyone tell me what " within the curtilage " means.. ???
<font color="blue"> </font> <font color="black"> </font> To whom it may concern

With reference to the above, I have been forwarded this e:mail and can
provide you with the following information.

On the information provided I can confirm that planning permission is not
required pave a section of your garden area providing that the land is
within your ownership and is within the curtilage of your dwellinghouse and
is used for the incidental enjoyment of the dwellinghouse.

I hope this information is of use to you,

Yours faithfully

<font color="black"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font> bla bla bla ........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Using an online thesaurus, curtilage apparently means the enclosed land around a house or other building.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yes - provided that the land you want to pave is:

1. in your ownership

and

2. within the boundary of your house's land

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't these people use english that we can understand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever job we do, we all have our own jargon. It's the way of the world.

MOVE HOUSE buy one with a drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif allready there, a swimming pool a granny anex, helicopter pad and buy one with free pusy on tap, or was this an add on telly, might have been carslberg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i know kev..... your advice was sound mate, just i got this email from the feckers and wasnt sure if it meant if its as good as your land just do it...??? wishfull thinking hey.

speaking of wishfull thinking........bainsyboy...... can you get that house with the granny anex and pussy tap combined ???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif