Facelift Drive System Fault

Count Drunkula

Reaction score
Here we go again, on way to get petrol at my local Shell station after leaving work and lovely warning message pops up.

Let's see what Audi International rescue diagnosis is for this one

Oh dear. Hope it's nothing bad! :(

Reactions: Count Drunkula
So Audi assist say its the control unit for the fuel pump.

A known issue as a small batch of pumps were released with the wrong software. He has ordered the part and will return tomorrow and carry out the repair on my drive.

So Audi assist say its the control unit for the fuel pump.

A known issue as a small batch of pumps were released with the wrong software. He has ordered the part and will return tomorrow and carry out the repair on my drive.

I had same but on a 2016 PFL.

Symptoms were cutting out at low speed/standstill.

Back then the Audi Assist guy said same thing and he actually went and got the parts then came back the day after.
Only a matter of pulling up the rear bench seat.

Never had it on my FL though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Count Drunkula
I had same but on a 2016 PFL.

Symptoms were cutting out at low speed/standstill.

Back then the Audi Assist guy said same thing and he actually went and got the parts then came back the day after.
Only a matter of pulling up the rear bench seat.

Never had it on my FL though.

Funnily enough the warning pinged up while I was stationary at a set of lights for about 90 seconds.

Audi assist guy is coming back tomorrow with the part , said much the same as you described "lift rear bench and replace the module" , claims it should only take 10 minutes or so

Reactions: 8YARWY
Funnily enough the warning pinged up while I was stationary at a set of lights for about 90 seconds.

Audi assist guy is coming back tomorrow with the part , said much the same as you described "lift rear bench and replace the module" , claims it should only take 10 minutes or so

Yeah it’s the module on the fuel pump.
Unplugs then slides out.

The software / Firmware is unable to be flashed apparently so they renew it.

Do you have a ghost immobilizer?

I started mine once & forgot to put the code in, it came up with this exact message.

Do you have a ghost immobilizer?

I started mine once & forgot to put the code in, it came up with this exact message.

Nope no Ghost or dashcams.

Technician returned today and replaced the pump control unit with an updated version and while he was here noted 2 chafed wires so carried out a repair on them as well.

Reactions: JM 772