Drive Select Warning.

woodyuk

Reaction score
Hi

I have just had a "Drive Systen" Warning (yellow) come up on my A4, first time had any warnings and this is my second Audi lease. I called 3 Audi garages today (London based), and no one can see me for a month at the earliest.

Is that normal when you have a warning light? They said on a yellow its ok to drive, but not on a red warning and I can always call roadside assistance. If the car did go to red warning, would that mean I could risk losing the car for a month with no loan from Audi?

Maybe a little new to this - but finding Audi service pretty poor of the above is the case.

Also said a loan car would be £25 per day insurance ? Again is that normal?

They also said there was a number of recall items / software updates that needed to be done anyway. Interesting that they never called me first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Keef
Call roadside assistance they'll get you in a loan car while yours is at dealers

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Keef
My luck ran out. Just went out as the warning vanished. 15miles down the road pretty sure gear box has gone bang. Roadside taking to dealer. :(

Only 11k miles. Really miss my old A3 :)

I wouldn't have bothered with the dealership and gone straight to roadside assistance...

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Had the same thing on mine. Two weeks later had a new ECU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

So my A4 B9 TFSI 2.0 190 fully loaded (April 2016 build) has been with an Audi (London dealer) since last Friday and as of today they cannot find a problem with the car :(

Quick back story.

Thursday last week got the yellow Drive System Warning which is what made me make this post. No issues driving the car. Next morning, the warning light had gone. No Audi dealer could check warning light for at least a month, so booked in that morning for a months time.

A few hours later, I drove 40mins to Ikea with no issues. Left Ikea, started the car.

It felt weird, tried to drive forward and was just limping forward. Loud noise / shuddering / spinning something felt in car - more i hit the gas the worse the noise / shuddering got. Turned on / off car about 20 times, but the same issue and was getting worse the more I did. Was pretty sure i was killing the gear box what ever it was.

When the engine was in N no noise or issues. I was also able to drive the car in reverse no issues. There were NO warnings on the dash, other than a random flat tyre warning (there was not).

AA via Audi Assistance turned up confirmed what I was experiencing, Audi Assistance confirmed send car direct to Audi dealer - do not drive car.

Car is towed 40mins to dealer, once at the dealer again able to reverse the car into a space - same problem going forward.

Tuesday I get a call from Audi. They cannot find ANY problems. Car working perfectly. Has driven to M25 and back - no problems. The only thing was some software updates required, which were done. Spoke to a technician, and he said without a fault code nothing they can do.

I left car with Audi for 3 days so they could carry on random testing, but as of today been unable to reproduce the fault. I am picking up the car tomorrow.

They said if it happens again its critical that I do not turn off the car - keep running and make sure AA attach a test kit before leaving. I have an OBDII device as well, not used for ages had for my A3. I guess I could us that as well to see if any errors at the time.

Just worried that a) going to happen again. Wasted 5 hours last Friday from point of problem in getting into a hire car. b) The problem happens at 70mph in the fast lane of the motorway :(

Any Comments ? thanks

Hi

So my A4 B9 TFSI 2.0 190 fully loaded (April 2016 build) has been with an Audi (London dealer) since last Friday and as of today they cannot find a problem with the car :(

Quick back story.

Thursday last week got the yellow Drive System Warning which is what made me make this post. No issues driving the car. Next morning, the warning light had gone. No Audi dealer could check warning light for at least a month, so booked in that morning for a months time.

A few hours later, I drove 40mins to Ikea with no issues. Left Ikea, started the car.

It felt weird, tried to drive forward and was just limping forward. Loud noise / shuddering / spinning something felt in car - more i hit the gas the worse the noise / shuddering got. Turned on / off car about 20 times, but the same issue and was getting worse the more I did. Was pretty sure i was killing the gear box what ever it was.

When the engine was in N no noise or issues. I was also able to drive the car in reverse no issues. There were NO warnings on the dash, other than a random flat tyre warning (there was not).

AA via Audi Assistance turned up confirmed what I was experiencing, Audi Assistance confirmed send car direct to Audi dealer - do not drive car.

Car is towed 40mins to dealer, once at the dealer again able to reverse the car into a space - same problem going forward.

Tuesday I get a call from Audi. They cannot find ANY problems. Car working perfectly. Has driven to M25 and back - no problems. The only thing was some software updates required, which were done. Spoke to a technician, and he said without a fault code nothing they can do.

I left car with Audi for 3 days so they could carry on random testing, but as of today been unable to reproduce the fault. I am picking up the car tomorrow.

They said if it happens again its critical that I do not turn off the car - keep running and make sure AA attach a test kit before leaving. I have an OBDII device as well, not used for ages had for my A3. I guess I could us that as well to see if any errors at the time.

Just worried that a) going to happen again. Wasted 5 hours last Friday from point of problem in getting into a hire car. b) The problem happens at 70mph in the fast lane of the motorway :(

Any Comments ? thanks

Had the exact same issue with my car about 6 weeks ago.

AA turned up and issue had been resolved, but Audi took it in that day and had it for a week for testing. Turned out to be a faulty ECU, which was replaced the following week.
Sounds like you've had some poor service to go with it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't name the dealer - but my gut feeling is that they have not tested it. I am now East London, I miss my west London dealer :) If I drive off tomorrow and the problem happens that day I am going to be VERY ****** off. Apparently they have had drivers testing it for 3 days.... uhm. Wish I had noted the millage :) .