Drive select / suspension questions

Fatbloke

Reaction score
Hi All

Car out of warranty now so thinking of lowering it.

It's a 2016 8v 150tdi quattro with drive select. As I understand it drive select stiffens or softens the suspension slightly among other things.

As it's a bit wallowy in even the slightest corners, I have been planning to lower it with uprated springs for a while but it seems also changing the struts can improve road holding so I am now considering changing the springs and struts.

How does the drive select work to stiffen the suspension? Does it act directly on the struts?

Would I lose the DS functionality if I replace the struts?

No, just drive select and sports springs.
Then your suspension will not be apart of your Audi Drive Select system. Go for Eibach Pro or Sportline. Fantastic springs for the price :)

Reactions: Fatbloke and pburv
So how does it actually work? Interested to find out.
On the Audi MQB platform there is only two types of suspension active Magnetic Ride and passive springs / dampers (a typical suspension setup), of which you have the latter. Magride is linked to drive select in order to change the basic ride based on mode with dynamic being harder and comfort being softer etc (in basic terms). Magride can also adapt in real-time based on sensor readings from the dampers, steering, throttle and a few others, in order to keep the vehicle flat and controlled.

Checked the drive select individual setting and theres only engine and steering in there, nothing for suspension.

I now need to suss out the correct struts and springs to drop it 20mm - 25mm and will possibly get a whiteline RARB too.