Facelift Drive Select on startup

All to do with emissions I believes... using the most emissions efficient cycle to start the car by default

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
All to do with emissions I believes... using the most emissions efficient cycle to start the car by default

Actually ... that would make some sense :yes:

Reactions: Phil3
Yes. Taking it further though it is all to do with the emissions of all the Audi model range. All manufacturers are fighting each other to quote the lowest emissions of their cars. The measurements are taken from start-up operation and general running across the model range. However manufacturers are allowed to fit switches that allow customers to use sport mode on the more powerful cars at their discretion, but if the device is allowed to keep the car in sport mode all the time, then the higher emmision figures must be the default for that model. As start-up produces a high emmision, the switch will never be allowed to leave the car in sport mode for the next start-up to keep the figures for the manufacturer low.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Terminator x, KKOG and 1 other person
^^ good insight there although Audi should just switch back to comfort every ignition cycle to make owners aware; the amount of threads on this issue shows that a lot of owners just don't know it happens.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Behind The Bins, Snake Pliskin and T-800
Totally agree, but this is yet another instance of where Audi just do not spend time on the finishing touch.

Reactions: KKOG and Terminator x
^^ good insight there although Audi should just switch back to comfort every ignition cycle to make owners aware; the amount of threads on this issue shows that a lot of owners just don't know it happens.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

It's like the brake questions @terminator x

Same questions round and round and round.......

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Terminator x
Mine will select modes as soon as I press the ignition on.

The only time I’ve seen ‘initialising’ is when going into the MMI car menu.

Doing it via the D/S button on the dash changes it straight away on mine as I can see the mode change in the VC.
Tried it like this the other day, didn't think I could just keep pressing it and it would change modes:whistle2: