Drive belt problem

Taz1

Reaction score
Hi all. Driving back from work today i heard a noise coming from the front so decided to pull over & investigate. Didnt see anything obvious so popped the bonnet & saw the belt thats situated behind the radiator (drive belt) the one that controls power steering/alternator etc all caught up in the cooling fan & shredded to bits. Had to have car recovered home. Rung local audi garage they said this is not common & doesnt normally happen often. Has anyone else had any problems or maybe share any info on this? The cars a 2010 3.0tdi quattro sb. Thanks

Hi all. Driving back from work today i heard a noise coming from the front so decided to pull over & investigate. Didnt see anything obvious so popped the bonnet & saw the belt thats situated behind the radiator (drive belt) the one that controls power steering/alternator etc all caught up in the cooling fan & shredded to bits. Had to have car recovered home. Rung local audi garage they said this is not common & doesnt normally happen often. Has anyone else had any problems or maybe share any info on this? The cars a 2010 3.0tdi quattro sb. Thanks
It does happen m8, there is no service schedule for replacement but they are checked on service and changed if required. Mine has done 76k and the previous owners have both had belts on and I'm in the process of changing it again as its in poor condition.