Dragy times

garethdj

Reaction score
So got sent to the shop for bin bags and fabric softner... Thought I'd take the chance to test out the dragy box.

Unfortunately it didn't arrive on time to do a stock run as it was a late consolation for not being able to get it on the dyno.

Running Revo Stage 1, Revo Panel Filter, Audi Sport Exhaust, OEM Pzeros, and Esso 99Ron.

Was doing 0-60s, first run was the best, 3.51 verified but also did a 3.31 invalid. Intake temps were starting to hit 100+ so guessing that could be why the rest were lower.
796f877afd82ebcfad10a592fe9e42fc.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riko0073, CHRS3 and savo
This was mine on mrc stage 1 with panel filter.

I had over half a tank of fuel and a passenger at the time.

Not sure why I sold that car!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210405-185106_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210405-185106_Gallery.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: ArrEssDrei and garethdj
This was mine on mrc stage 1 with panel filter.

I had over half a tank of fuel and a passenger at the time.

Not sure why I sold that car!
Dsg tune too I assume?

Yes, got them both done together. Completely transformed the car

Reactions: garethdj
I've not got the box mapped yet. Going tvs, will be an interesting comparison once done

Reactions: CarterRS
So got sent to the shop for bin bags and fabric softner... Thought I'd take the chance to test out the dragy box.

Unfortunately it didn't arrive on time to do a stock run as it was a late consolation for not being able to get it on the dyno.

Running Revo Stage 1, Revo Panel Filter, Audi Sport Exhaust, OEM Pzeros, and Esso 99Ron.

Was doing 0-60s, first run was the best, 3.51 verified but also did a 3.31 invalid. Intake temps were starting to hit 100+ so guessing that could be why the rest were lower.

Been tempted by one of these lately as would like to see my own 0-60 etc. Only launched my car for the first time on Friday since I’ve had it and also since it was mapped, safe to say I was surprised to say the least. Had more powerful cars in the past but felt like I only looked at the road for a split second and I was already at 60+ mph when I looked back down to speedo.

That’s decent from just a stage 1.

With REVO stage 1 and TVS quickest I’ve done in just one run was 3.5s in an OPF car, reckon I can get a bit quicker and more than happy with that time.

Really want to test the 1/4 mile and 100-200!

Rubbish launch with winter tyres
f3c60b6b0fb98f5afbf1804feff2f0b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cheggers and Riko0073
That’s decent from just a stage 1.

With REVO stage 1 and TVS quickest I’ve done in just one run was 3.5s in an OPF car, reckon I can get a bit quicker and more than happy with that time.

Really want to test the 1/4 mile and 100-200!
I will be interested to dragy it as I add mods. Next will be springs and spacers, wondering if that will help, hinder or make any difference at all. Pretty much convinced myself to go tvs 2+ now with the dragy, want to ge that time down!

Reactions: Riko0073
Rubbish launch with winter tyres
f3c60b6b0fb98f5afbf1804feff2f0b0.jpg

What mods are you running, eibach pros, forge intercooler, Revo turbo elbow?

What mods are you running, eibach pros, forge intercooler, Revo turbo elbow?

Cooler
Uni elbow (still awaiting the Revo 4”)
Forge hard pipe // airbox mods
Red coils.
DS1 custom stage 2 / TVS stage 2+

So just ran a 3.08 valid! Up a reasonably steep sloap too if I'm reading that correctly?!

Pretty chuffed with that! This could get addictive!
b12b3b56f9efbb635ef6da06740eb673.jpg

Reactions: Riko0073 and ArrEssDrei
So just ran a 3.08 valid! Up a reasonably steep sloap too if I'm reading that correctly?!

Better than my Stage 2 car has managed. :( Impressive! I wonder if the slope helped with traction? I'd be interested to know if you can repeat that on the flat. I need to go look for some hills!

For those doing only 0-60 runs, it's worth letting draggy run out the 8th mile, even if you are on the brakes and slowed down. That way you get get your 60' time as well, and that's really a good indicator of launch traction.

WOW...very impressive indeed!!

Better than my Stage 2 car has managed. :( Impressive! I wonder if the slope helped with traction? I'd be interested to know if you can repeat that on the flat. I need to go look for some hills!

For those doing only 0-60 runs, it's worth letting draggy run out the 8th mile, even if you are on the brakes and slowed down. That way you get get your 60' time as well, and that's really a good indicator of launch traction.
Morale of the story, dragy uphill

I'm now 8th all time in my area on the 0-60 leader board. Only M5s, R6s and Jurgen from JM imports above lol.

So differences today I think were:
- colder engine temp, mid to high 80 degrees
- cold temps outside, 3 degrees
- different road/better surface

Reactions: CHRS3
Morale of the story, dragy uphill

I'm now 8th all time in my area on the 0-60 leader board. Only M5s, R6s and Jurgen from JM imports above lol.

So differences today I think were:
- colder engine temp, mid to high 80 degrees
- cold temps outside, 3 degrees
- different road/better surface

You ought to be chuffed! Would love to know your 60' time if it was recorded. I find it interesting to compare.

In your 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile stats for your best 0-60 run the 1st figure in your 60' (foot) time. This is the best indication of your traction off the line.
Only really been going for 0-60 so no 1/4mile and only a few coincidental 1/8miles.

f202603fa097e74bbb7cfaf843ea9e02.jpg

That's a really decent 60' on street tyres let alone on pzeros! It's a big part of why you've run as quick as you have. Best I've managed on the street is a 1.79 on MP4S's. Keep on doing what you're doing and get some full 1/4 mile passes. :)

It's good to let draggy run out a full 8th mile before you stop it, even if its just driving around so you can keep an eye on your 60'

That's a really decent 60' on street tyres let alone on pzeros! It's a big part of why you've run as quick as you have. Best I've managed on the street is a 1.79 on MP4S's. Keep on doing what you're doing and get some full 1/4 mile passes. :)

It's good to let draggy run out a full 8th mile before you stop it, even if its just driving around so you can keep an eye on your 60'
Ah cheers get what you mean, I'll make sure I do that in future. Always run out of tarmac in 'mexico' so just shut it off but will keep driving

Tried a few more launches today. Slightly warmer and ever so 'greasy' maybe as it had been hailing or light showers throughout the day but looked dry.

3.27, 3.29 and a 3.48. Launch didn't want to engage straight away on the last one and it span up mid run so called it a day thereafter.

Deffo feel like the 3.08 wasn't a fluke after that. Confident in the right conditions and if I nail the launch I could get there abouts again.

Think I'll lay off the launches until the box map now though

Reactions: ArrEssDrei
Tried a few more launches today. Slightly warmer and ever so 'greasy' maybe as it had been hailing or light showers throughout the day but looked dry.

3.27, 3.29 and a 3.48. Launch didn't want to engage straight away on the last one and it span up mid run so called it a day thereafter.

Deffo feel like the 3.08 wasn't a fluke after that. Confident in the right conditions and if I nail the launch I could get there abouts again.

Lol I’ll be having a go now the proper wheels are back on.

Reactions: ArrEssDrei and garethdj

Any chance you could post your 3.27 run and the 60'? I'm pining over time slips at the moment and they are quite helpful :)

Any chance you could post your 3.27 run and the 60'? I'm pining over time slips at the moment and they are quite helpful :)
3.27 run
7841ca0c9eaceadac7b97a5b81831908.jpg
dcb207fe826d8df6f317a0b0c4989ae0.jpg

3.29 run

1d7e731074163d0e33e6ad3a4367e62b.jpg
fedea9486978bde7d6fe068e8ff8dc8d.jpg

Funnily enough the 60ft was slighly worse on the quicker time

Funnily enough the 60ft was slighly worse on the quicker time

That's how it goes sometimes... frustrating when you are chasing numbers. :). Running on the same stretch of road and conditions helps, but there's a lot of variables, draggy included. Still it's good to try and find a fairly consistent time then you can tell if the car is healthy, and if upgrades actually make a difference.

Think I need to buy one of these dragy units. I’ve had my car over 2 weeks now and still not launched it !

Out of interest did you consider the P-Gear as an alternative?

thanks
Chris

Has anyone on here got dragy times for there cars?? Mines a 2019, be interesting to know how close to the official numbers people have got......

Has anyone on here got dragy times for there cars?? Mines a 2019, be interesting to know how close to the official numbers people have got......
Lots of threads with dragy times mentioned.

Mines also a 2019 GPF car, best I got standard was just under 4 seconds, was disappointed as others with GPF cars were getting 3.7’s, however lots of factors that come into play such as, road surface, conditions, fuel etc.

Since having a remap and TCU tune getting consistent 3.5 seconds and it just launches so much harder, the GPF cars seem to bog down a bit as standard on initial launch. I reckon I can get 3.3/3.4 seconds with the right road and less fuel but very happy with the 3.5 already achieved.

That said I’m more impressed with the mid range and have never launched it other than on my own on a quiet road, would feel a right knob doing it at the traffic lights! Lol

Lots of threads with dragy times mentioned.

Mines also a 2019 GPF car, best I got standard was just under 4 seconds, was disappointed as others with GPF cars were getting 3.7’s, however lots of factors that come into play such as, road surface, conditions, fuel etc.

Since having a remap and TCU tune getting consistent 3.5 seconds and it just launches so much harder, the GPF cars seem to bog down a bit as standard on initial launch. I reckon I can get 3.3/3.4 seconds with the right road and less fuel but very happy with the 3.5 already achieved.

That said I’m more impressed with the mid range and have never launched it other than on my own on a quiet road, would feel a right knob doing it at the traffic lights! Lol
How long have you been running stage one?? Desperately want mine remapped but just a little concerned about actually having it done and stepping away from the comfort of the manufacturers warranty

How long have you been running stage one?? Desperately want mine remapped but just a little concerned about actually having it done and stepping away from the comfort of the manufacturers warranty
About 1 1/2yrs now, car was only 6 months old when I went stage 1. Yes big decision but best I made as really transforms the GPF car, best thing I did along with the TCU tune - TVS Stage2+…..zero issues and plenty of smiles or miles.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Do you use the car daily? Is it still a useable daily after the map?? Only reason I ask is my wife uses ours every day. How many miles have you done since remapping?? Appreciate this is going totally off topic for this thread (apologies everyone else)

Same here in a custom file, 540 hp and 700nm. Daily driver and run on e30 blend.

Car is sooo much better.

Well looked after though and fluids etc regularly changed.

Reactions: Riko0073
Do you use the car daily? Is it still a useable daily after the map?? Only reason I ask is my wife uses ours every day. How many miles have you done since remapping?? Appreciate this is going totally off topic for this thread (apologies everyone else)
Yes it’s my daily, 12,000+ miles since remapping and no issues. REVO map very OEM+ in my opinion, smooth delivery and the TVS tune has improved the gear changes no end and can stick it in dynamic/sport around town now without the car holding onto gears too long.

Reactions: Madmo