Dpf question

Gazah19

Reaction score
recently had my car in for some work Audi A4 2.0 tdi Quattro 57 plate. While there I asked them to remove the dpf and egr valve, was running fine for a day now the management light is on. I suspect this is from the egr software not being deleted yet but my main question is will my car run normal without the dpf in but with the dpf software still on? Cheers

Reactions: RS4B5
So it won’t run rough or anything? I’m not 100% they have removed the dpf as there’s no smoke or anything

Should run fine, the ECU just thinks that the DPF is blown out.

DPF is a pollutant particulate filter not a smoke filter. I wouldn’t expect to see any difference in smoke, only exhaust gasses which you have to analyse.

When you get it remapped, I would expect more smoke but thing is just because it will be getting more fuel, producing a bigger bang and going faster!

Reactions: Gazah19 and Sibmets
Cheers for that, it was mapped about 18 months ago but just had the egr and dpf removed. I’ll get it booked in to take the light off. Cheers

Where did you get the dpf removal done I want mine doing but everyone is massive expensive

I’ve had 2 local tuners want around £7-800

But Avon tuning nearly 200miles away has quoted me £650 and are a wider known tuner

I like the idea - in theory, BUT will it pass the emissions at MOT time? Now everythings stricter, not so sure. Especially if it turns out to be a mod you have to undo every MOT time.... :busted cop:

I’ve had 2 local tuners want around £7-800

But Avon tuning nearly 200miles away has quoted me £650 and are a wider known tuner

That's rich..

2017-06-24-10-55-23-jpg.129033

Reactions: Sibmets
I keep thinking of having mine done (2.0tdi 170)
I had my last care done and it totally transformed it.
With the so called 'change in the rules, I would guess it would be best to have a hollowed out dpf chamber in place, and in case of an mot failure maybe have a complete dpf to bolt on just for the mot test.

I've got an A4 2.0 tdi 170 lads and I was thinking about this the other day while flushing out my dpf, what happens come an mot? Will it not fail on emissions ?

It never used to, but I haven't put on through MOT since the rules changed in May. Supposedly now a vehicle that is fitted with a dpf from factory is not allowed to emmit smoke of any colour.
My car that I'd deleted it on blew up a couple of days before the mot, hence why I'm now an Audi owner B)
It always passed mot previously with no cat&dpf.