Dpf problems, and removal

saxonblue

Reaction score
So just about one month on after buying my gorgeous A5 3.0 tdi Quattro (witch I LOVE ) I had the dpf warning light pop up on the dashboard, so I took the car for a good long run, and also used some DPF cleaner,
That seem to sort it out okay, until the light came on again, this time the car went into limp home mode as I call it , green flag helped me out and told me the dpf was blocked up , cleared all the errors, and the car was fine, but then 2 miles down the road, pop, the lights back on and the car is back into wont pull the skin off of custard mode again
So after a chat with the guy from green flag, he told me about a similar case and the bloke in question had the DPF removed, so that's the road I went down

I got smart remaps n dpf removal in Manchester to do the job, and all I can say is wow, after physically removing the DPF from the car, taking out the insides welding it all back up and put it back on so it's not detectable for MOT purposes, and then remap in the car and delete the DPF software, the car now runs like a dream, also I got an extra 35-40 bhp and a lot more torque to boot, plus I'm getting more mpg then ever,
Now just wondering, has anybody else had this done to their five, or any other Audis, and what is the effect on their car now and should I be looking out for any problems coming from this, all the work done there is guaranteed for life though , just wondering

Last edited:
it is a 3.0 tdi Quattro
I love it evan more now, ( better still if I can get the foot well lights to stay on with vcds,and my key would come out when want it to instead of getting stuck)