DPF Pressure Sensor Calibration

NethanB

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Car: Audi A4 B8 - 2010 - 2.0 TDie

Recently the engine management light has appeared on my dashboard, i have scanned with VCDS, the result:

Address 01: Engine (J623-CAGB)
2 Faults Found:
5262 - Diesel Particle Filter; Differential Pressure Sensor
P2454 00 [168] - Short to GND
MIL ON - Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 88
Mileage: 119036 km
Date: 2015.03.28
Time: 13:33:12

5162 - Diesel Particle Filter; Differential Pressure Sensor
P2453 00 [096] - Implausible Signal
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Readiness: 1 1 0 0 0

I have bought the replacement sensor, part number: 059 906 051 A

Now the question is, does anyone know how or if the sensor will need calibrating once installed??

I have VCDS and the mechanic I intend to visit has Snap-On, but between us we are not 100%

Any advice is greatly appreciated

No sensor doesn't require calibration just swap over the same as a boost sensor or MAF.

Ditto it just bolts straight on. One caveat though which may come in handy for others reading this thread - I had the same problem with the same sensor on my old A3 - although the car appears to be driveable with the light on, the ECU will suddenly throttle back the engine without warning under high load to protect the DPF/CAT. Not the sort of thing you want happening in the outside lane of the motorway or during an overtake.....you have been warned!

I haven't experienced that yet and recently went on a 400mile round trip without issue

When i originally phoned Audi for the quote on replacing the sensor they said the pricing included the part, labour, calibration and forced regen

The only other advice i have had is when i remove the old sensor to blast down the hoses with compressed air to clear anything in the pipes...