DPF light on again!!!!! Advice needed

scotty2hotty

Reaction score
Hope someone can help me, my DPF light has come on again and has been on now 4 times in around 6 weeks!!!!
I regenerated the DPF through vcds on Friday afternoon and got it down to 0% and have only done around 45 miles since then and now the DPF light is back on again??? It's really starting to p**s me off and aam not thinking about selling the car.
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this to happen so often? I do mostly town driving but even so should it be coming on this regular??
Also I put £20 of diesel in on Friday and i only done 65 miles and then it was reading 0 miles left, surely this can't be right???

Forgot to mention the car is an 2007 A4 2.0 TDI Black Edition.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Also it's not been back for its injector recall yet could this be causing the problem??

I've put a forte DPF treatment in the tank now I will see how that goes but I'm convinced there's more to it than a simple supplement I can't see it being such an easy fix.
As I said above does anyone know if the injectors could cause these problems??

Hope someone can help me, my DPF light has come on again and has been on now 4 times in around 6 weeks!!!!
I regenerated the DPF through vcds on Friday afternoon and got it down to 0% and have only done around 45 miles since then and now the DPF light is back on again??? It's really starting to p**s me off and aam not thinking about selling the car.
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this to happen so often? I do mostly town driving but even so should it be coming on this regular??
Also I put £20 of diesel in on Friday and i only done 65 miles and then it was reading 0 miles left, surely this can't be right???

Forgot to mention the car is an 2007 A4 2.0 TDI Black Edition.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Ive had a hell of a trouble with mine,started with injectors getting replaced,then oil cooler,turbo went throwing bits into engine as well as head being porous and losing coolant.

New engine from dragon engines,recon turbo once all put together then threw up dpf fault so we opened up the dpf and stripped it out then got it remapped,touch wood its going well now and giving out 50-60mpg as well as having a shed more bhp and torque,a new dpf was gonna be 1k, full remap was £550 with dpf delete plus time to remove and strip dpf around 4hrs so all done for under £700 and now car runs how it should have done when it left factory,the dpf is a waste of time and not needed.

Hope that helps

I have thought about DPF delete and I was going to open up the DPF and smash out the inside then weld it back up and get a friend of mine (auto electrician) to map it out but I just don't have time at the min and I was thinking if there is a problem that's causing this then wouldn't that need sorting first?
Is it a simple job mapping out the DPF?
I have not had chance to check for any fault codes or DPF content yet but last time it was on (Friday) there was no fault code.

I have thought about DPF delete and I was going to open up the DPF and smash out the inside then weld it back up and get a friend of mine (auto electrician) to map it out but I just don't have time at the min and I was thinking if there is a problem that's causing this then wouldn't that need sorting first?
Is it a simple job mapping out the DPF?
I have not had chance to check for any fault codes or DPF content yet but last time it was on (Friday) there was no fault code.

Thats all we did open it out and smash out inside and weld back up,we had a load of fault codes when installing new engine,one was divertor valve diaphram which was easy fix and one was dpf,we reckoned all the original problems started with the dpf causing back pressure to the whole system thus causing the turbo to go as dpf was completely blocked and had melted in places as it needs the turbo for the regen cycle.

The cat and dpf are one in same so out it all came,it went to a auto elec who does remap's,we didnt want to tackle that ourselves,if your mate can do this then all the better,but i wanted full remap as well as dpf delete,just becareful as some just delete dpf warning and it still wants to go through regen cycle but shows nothing up on dash.

My friend (auto electrician) said he will read my map from my ecu and then run it through a program that deletes the DPF software then reinstalls the map back in my ecu and thats it done? all sound very simple to me does anyone know if it is a simple as that???

Also i forgot to mention that my car has only done 37k so im unsure if the DPF is the actual problem as i would not expect the DPF to fail so soon especially on an Audi, but im guessing i could be so wrong???

No it's not that simple! He is probably talking about Ecusafe which doesn't ever work properly. Get it remapped and DPF delete done properly and you will not look back :)

Rick

Hi Rick i see your not far from me so if i took the DPF off smashed it out and welded it back up and refitted it how much would you charge to delete the software (or whatever you do) and remap it for me???
From what i have described would you say the DPF is the problem or could it be something else??
Thanks Scott

Hi, if the dpf soot content is ok on vcds it will probably be the dpf pressure sensor. This i very common on these, iv'e fitted two last week. It costs about £40 from the dealer. Hope this helps

Hi Rick i see your not far from me so if i took the DPF off smashed it out and welded it back up and refitted it how much would you charge to delete the software (or whatever you do) and remap it for me???
From what i have described would you say the DPF is the problem or could it be something else??
Thanks Scott

Hi Scott,

I have just done another car very similar to yours. The owner was doing a lot of town driving and having to go on a long motorway blast every weekend in order to keep the light from coming on. The DPF can however mask some problems. You may find that with it removed the car may smoke due to an issue with an injector for example. For your car it would be £300 for a remap and DPF delete.

Thanks, Rick

It could well be the back pressure sensor is faulty.

If you do go down the route of removing the DPF, don't let anyone who's using ECUsafe loose on your ECU, ask Rick says, it never works!

Can the injectors be checked with vcds??
also I spoke to my friend and he said it was ecu safe he would have used but he said he could send off my map to the guy he buys his modified maps off when he remaps cars and he can delete it from there??
does this sound right???

also I spoke to my friend and he said it was ecu safe he would have used but he said he could send off my map to the guy he buys his modified maps off when he remaps cars and he can delete it from there??
does this sound right???

As the other posters have said not to use it,i wouldn't as they have a hell of a lot more experience in the remapping than me ...my moto is buy cheap buy twice,mine was would have been around the £350 for just dpf delete but it comes with lifetime warranty from the company(well as long as they stay in business anyway).

my injectors were replaced free from audi under the vosa recall just 8 months ago,i know if i had to pay for it ,it was gonna be £2400 from main stealer,as it happens i was damn sight more with new engine,turbo,oil cooler and the rest :-( but the engine has the uprated oil pump fitted so a little bit more piece of mind.

Spend the money and get it done right,rather than take the chance if your keeping the car

Hi, if the dpf soot content is ok on vcds it will probably be the dpf pressure sensor. This i very common on these, iv'e fitted two last week. It costs about £40 from the dealer. Hope this helps

Soot content is likely calculated from the DPFs differential pressure reading so the sensor could be faulty whatever vcds shows. As a couple of you have already said these sensors do fail, often at low mileages. You should also blow back down the sensor tubing to ensure they are both completely clear.

does this sound right???

Hi Scott,

It is a tough call. Is your friend using a genuine tool with full support to read and write the file? Things do not always got plan when you write to your ECU and you need to be able to recover. Your file supplier may or may not be able to sort this but there are lot of bad DPF delete maps. They mask the fault codes etc but the car can still try and regenerate.

Rick

For the money rick wants for the ecu work, just get it done why risk your motor and try save a few quid its not worth it.

Soot content is likely calculated from the DPFs differential pressure reading so the sensor could be faulty whatever vcds shows. As a couple of you have already said these sensors do fail, often at low mileages. You should also blow back down the sensor tubing to ensure they are both completely clear.

Yes they do take the reading off the pressure sensor but if its faulty the soot reading usually freezes on what it was before the sensor whent faulty. Also you can check the values of the pressure sensor with engine running, these should change when the engine is reved up.

This morning my coil light started flashing an the car went into limp mode so I plugged it in vcds and the DPF was at 144% WTF!!!!!
so I went into force regeneration and it went upto 155% before coming back down, after about 40 minutes of driving around it eventually went back to 0% and the light went off.
Has anyone ever seen it this high??
could it be a dodgey remap as the auto electrician who keeps plugging it in says it has been remapped???
would it be worth getting the ecu reflashed back to the original map??
i think once this problem is sorted this car will be getting sold.

I had the ecu reflashed to standard last night and although it's not as responsive it does feel a bit smoother unless that's in my head lol

Now it's a waiting game to see when the light comes back on. :-(