DPF Deletion

MGTURBOM

Reaction score
Im considering removing the dpf filter! Im going to give the jlm cleaner a go first but despite my efforts the light isn't going to go out and i suspect prolonged use is going to knacker the filter if it hasn't already! I've glanced on some companies. Found this one dpfdeletion.com. Deletion seems to be the most cost effective resolution, although I don't like the idea. I'm concerned that its going to spoil the car if it ends up with a poor re-map, loads of black smoke etc? Any suggestions for good companies at competitive prices in the Derby area?

Isn't jbs near the derby area? That's where I'll be going when I have the funds to get ours done as I have heard really good things about them an their service.

There will be some smoke with a DPF removal, it's the nature of the diesel engine, usually a puff on hard acceleration. We can remove the DPF as part of a remap. The remap can be tailored to have virtually no smoke whatsoever.

Rick

I used Sinspeed in London for my DPF removal on my mrs Mazda6, was obviously concerned about it but never looked back since! Was stuck in limp mode, and it was either £2k at the stealers or £450 for a removal... No problems at all and the car runs great... They guarantee MOT pass also, and lifetime warranty on the software. Worth the drive id say.

Thanks for the advice. I'm pleased to say the light has now gone out. I'd given up on it after five days and countless miles driving as instructed! Seems the twenty five mile short journey did the trick driving as I normally would! I metioned before in another post that its come on before but usually resolved after 15 or 20 mins correct driving. I am going to get some jlm cleaner and try that. Im surprised it keeps blocking because the car has always spent most of its life on motorways! Relief for now either way!