Dpf delete ?

Patrico777

Reaction score
hi thinking of dpf delete for my s line black edition 2.0TDi is it safe to do so, MOT rtc etc cons and pros

You get euro 3 engine that is the con and maybe smoke :D

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Is it safe to do for MOT ? Will it pass mot
Yh it will pass unless something is very wrong with your cars and shoots loads of black smoke out although since our cars dont rev past 2500 rpm under no load you shoudnt have a problem anyway. I guess what i should be asking is whether your choosing to have the dpf gutted or a delete pipe installed. With the delete pipe more then likely because atm the test only says to check its presence where fitted as standard, although most testers may turn a blind eye towards this its all down to the individual tester. If you have it gutted then no it wont because as far as anyone is concerned the dpf is still fitted as standard, ive seen cars where its been apparent the dpf has been gutted but no failure has been issued due to the fact the tester does not have x ray vision and therefore cannot say the dpf has been removed. So its a pass and advise but I have to say the DVSA is aware of this issue and planning on making big changes to the test this year and i cant say wether you will get away with it or not, but like always there will be a way around this mostly testers turning a blind eye :whistle2:

All change 18th May , smoke opacity test limit is halfed , not an issue for a correctly mapped vehicle.

Plus some kind of OBD plug in dpf test , I think it will be just a basic systems check , a poor remap will just write out all dpf analysis and probably will be the ones to fail .

A good remap keeps the dpf info but adjusts the perameters of the two pressure sensors so widely that they don't flag faults or cause a regeneration.

Yeah im thinking of proper remap amd essex etc etc or maybe px my car not sure what to do as audi saying need new dpf and turbo but its ******** they havent taken anything off they just messing around I think as it smokes behind engine bay when regenrating