dpf delete

tubby

Reaction score
hi does anyone know when a company does a dpf delete and remap on the dpf can its self do they remove the inners or have a straight pipe manufactured thanks steve

Hi Tubby,

I'm going to Shark Performance tomorrow to have the DPF removed and a remap. It's been with Audi for fours days and the car has come back worse than it went in! I have lost all confidence in them so spending another wad of cash with them isn't an option.

I think they're going to cut open the DPF, remove the contents and weld it back up again. I'll know more tomorrow I guess!

BTW I have an A3 Tdi 170 DPF (well, for the next 10 hours then I guess it'll be an A3 Tdi 210 (no DPF) :)

I'll let you kow how I get on....

Cheers..

thanks mate im having issues with mine,im a mechanic so im gonna do myself and i have somone to remapp it,i was thinking the same remove cut open remove the contents then weld up let me know how you get on thankls steve

Last edited:
BTW if it's an A3 quattro like mine it's a pig of a job apperently. I'm quite competent home mechanic but it sounds too much work for my axle stands and stick welder!

n8 do you know how the filter is removed is the can cut and the inners removed and re welded,steve

i know a couple of places in sheffield
but ur miles away in london

i had mine done by richard at rsh performance, he did it including an evolutonchip remap for 720. I have an A4 Tdi quattro and im very happy with it. FYI he said that he takes some buts out of the engine bay and it can be pulled up and out its tight but does come out, lol that sounds rude!

cheers

matt

Cost me £150 for dpf removal
£50 for dpf delete
£200 for remap !

I think you's may be getting exploited with some on the prices your getting.....

just for comparison
we do it (Bulgaria) for £300 incl. DPF removal mechanically and software, remove catalyst and performance remap on dyno :blink: