dpf delete+remap+ insurance

ROB A3 Quattro

no smoke without poke
Reaction score
Hmm where do insurance company's stand with this ,is it an increase on your policy or will it make it void when making a claim?

Last edited:
I would second that as it's a mot failure now so it's not road legal

Its not an mot failure, if the tester cannot see any modification or manipulation then as far as mot is concerned, the dpf is in place.
If you cut the DPF open then weld it up then it will (should) fail. Just dont damage the asthetics!

Its not an mot failure, if the tester cannot see any modification or manipulation then as far as mot is concerned, the dpf is in place.
If you cut the DPF open then weld it up then it will (should) fail. Just dont damage the asthetics!

Don't you mean pass?

No, I mean if the tester can see the weld then there is proof of removal, so it should fail. Just remove without cutting and welding.

I cant see the tester being that bothered tbh. If they can pass it they prob will. You could also argue the welds are there due to a repair. As long as that bump in the pipe is still there I would risk it.

Hmm where do insurance company's stand with this ,is it an increase on your policy or will it make it void when making a claim?

Just remember the now if you have your DPF removed/gutted(and your car should have one by law) then your insurance will automatically be null and void anyway as you car will be classed as not fit for the road,and before any one tells me how are the insurance companys going to know if one is fitted or not nothing stops them having the car examined before paying out a claim so as far as I'm concerned it's not worth the risk,nothing worse then uninsured drivers on the road.

Reactions: Artimus
So even though no dpf is an mot failure chris notts will insure and pay out in the event of an accident/loss/claim?

It's an interesting one because noise cans have been a reason for MOT failure on motorbikes for years but you just take the original exhaust along (fitted) and they'll pass it. Yet motorbike insurers seem to accept this is a standard mod.

So that clears it up dpf removal = no insurance if you are involved in an accident do the loss adjusters physically look for this . I guess theres a few worried peeps about I dont think its worth the risk so whats on the new 2013 audis they should offer a service to swap this part over and admit its flawed

You could take this debate to the extreme though couldn't you. All insurances companies ask at the time of insuring if you have any modifications or optional extras. I've personally always said no, you may buy a car second hand that's had optional extras from new but I can't say I've ever declared them and same with alloys. I know for a fact all the young chavs who bomb around town with massive cheap alloys and exhaust tail pipe that looks fresh off a first bus don't declare everything they have.
I personally think people will stop gutting DPF's unless the price of a new one drops massively. The problem really is most people seem to gut them when their not even having a problem with them.