Q5 DPF cleaning

KJN

Reaction score
Hi.
I shave a 65 plate Q5 diesel with 10t on the clock, my weekly mileage never exceeds double figures ( yes I know should have bought petrol ) I am thinking of having the DPF filter cleaned, ( reputable local garage who have a proper machine) at a cost of £120.00 . What do you think ? Would you have it done? Also is there any ECU settings that will have to be reset. No warning lights coming on but a couple of times regen in action when turning car off .
Many Thanks for your comments and help.

Hi.
I shave a 65 plate Q5 diesel with 10t on the clock, my weekly mileage never exceeds double figures ( yes I know should have bought petrol ) I am thinking of having the DPF filter cleaned, ( reputable local garage who have a proper machine) at a cost of £120.00 . What do you think ? Would you have it done? Also is there any ECU settings that will have to be reset. No warning lights coming on but a couple of times regen in action when turning car off .
Many Thanks for your comments and help.
No Need for a Clean, The Car is doing as its Meant to, If You think it needs a Clean, take it for a Half hour drive and Keep in a Higher gear Gear using Manual and at a Constant Speed to Get heat into the DPf To burn of the Deposits , My 66 plate SQ5+ Often does Regens when I stop when am doing short Journeys, As long as The Dash has no lights its All good ...

Thanks for the info. No light on dash so will not have the clean.

Yep as above. Dont clean it, waste of money. It cleans automatically when it needs it. Sometime you will get a notification on your dashboard, at that point drive it on the motorway for around 20miles until the light goes out. Keep the car above 2k revs. It will be fine. If the light os on thought you really need to drive her until it goes out, if it is doing a regen/clean when you turn it off then it’s mid clean so be careful with that. I would have thought with you mileage that you will need to do the motorway blasts quite often as you aren’t allowing the car to get up to temperature or doing the miles where it will naturally clean it.

Yep as above. Dont clean it, waste of money. It cleans automatically when it needs it. Sometime you will get a notification on your dashboard, at that point drive it on the motorway for around 20miles until the light goes out. Keep the car above 2k revs. It will be fine. If the light os on thought you really need to drive her until it goes out, if it is doing a regen/clean when you turn it off then it’s mid clean so be careful with that. I would have thought with you mileage that you will need to do the motorway blasts quite often as you aren’t allowing the car to get up to temperature or doing the miles where it will naturally clean it.
Thanks. Was not aware of this when I purchased the Q5 , had an A6 diesel before this and never had any problems at all, a bit annoying but happy to keep the car and do what has to be done. Thanks again.