Jacobwatersx

Reaction score
I have a 2009 a3 8p 2.0 TDI CBAB CR,
My dpf has been giving fault codes 3 weeks after a remap and egr delete, not sure if there’s a link.
managed to get rid of it with a motorway run then back after a day, is my best bet a dpf delete? I’m Bristol based if anyone knows of somewhere nearish to have that done. Any help much appreciated.

In the first instance I would take it back to the company that did the remap. It is quite possible to remap a modern diesel and keep the DPF. The company doing the remap should have done prechecks on the car and looking at the DPF pressure readings and ECU stats for the DPF could have determined the status of the DPF.
If it is the DPF causing issues be careful with the car as this can lead to further turbo / engine damage.

Reactions: curtis92 and ch1z64
In the first instance I would take it back to the company that did the remap. It is quite possible to remap a modern diesel and keep the DPF. The company doing the remap should have done prechecks on the car and looking at the DPF pressure readings and ECU stats for the DPF could have determined the status of the DPF.
If it is the DPF causing issues be careful with the car as this can lead to further turbo / engine damage.
Thanks for the reply, I did let the mapping guy know and he said it may be a separate issue and to look it again and maybe take the egr delete off the map cost me £180. So not really sure where to go from there. Thanks

Deffo take this advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of but if it was mapped properly the dog wouldn’t have blocked so quickly, like they regenerate etc he should’ve checked to see what your car in particular can handle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk