DP: to cat or not?

ConS3

Reaction score
Any feedback all? Last thing I want is to get a notice in the mail for being too loud (which I have in the past haha) and then have to put the stock DP back on, which is a PITA!!

Any feedback on how the decat does with:

1. Drone?
2. Loudness?

Appreciate any info!

Sorry I can’t help technically, but I’m curious how you got a letter for noise?

I've taken out my secondary cats, and I like to make lots of loud pops and bangs all the time :)

Cop must have been close. I got a letter in the mail to visit the EPA here in Australia (Environmental Protection Agency) to test my car. They can do that there if they wish.

Had to go to EPA, but had to put stock DP back on first (this was three years ago with my old S3). $750 in labour later to uninstall/reinstall later.......

I've taken out my secondary cats, and I like to make lots of loud pops and bangs all the time :)

Cop must have been close. I got a letter in the mail to visit the EPA here in Australia (Environmental Protection Agency) to test my car. They can do that there if they wish.

Had to go to EPA, but had to put stock DP back on first (this was three years ago with my old S3). $750 in labour later to uninstall/reinstall later.......

Oh wow! I can’t say I’ve heard of them doing that kind of thing in the UK. If the Police stop you and they suspect your car is modified they have the right to impound it and get a mechanic to search for anything that isn’t legit as far as I’m aware.

Reactions: ConS3
I have a BCS 100mm downpipe with the 100 cell cat and it's really loud (nice deep noise) on dynamic and really quiet on comfort (cold start is loud though).

I'll try and get a few clips together

Attachments

• 37840535_2175121642728970_5189538834055954432_n(1).jpg
    37840535_2175121642728970_5189538834055954432_n(1).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 37735928_207310960125804_4614527916682772480_n.jpg
    37735928_207310960125804_4614527916682772480_n.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 223
  • 37296044_2076126829321431_1645286792959623168_n.jpg
    37296044_2076126829321431_1645286792959623168_n.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Resized_20180726_141831.jpeg
    Resized_20180726_141831.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 244
  • 20180824_190228.jpg
    20180824_190228.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: jimojameso, FBF01, Seanix and 2 others
Thanks for that mate. Looks like I need a cat then! It's gonna be WAY loud, as I live in an apartment block with underground parking. I already set car alarms off as it is when I start my car!

Reactions: ImyRs3
I have a BCS 100mm downpipe with the 100 cell cat and it's really loud (nice deep noise) on dynamic and really quiet on comfort (cold start is loud though).

I'll try and get a few clips together

Is this for the facelift? Asking for a fellow owner not on this forum

No mine is a 16 PFL - I'm sure Nige at BCS has just developed one for the FL, drop him an email - Nigel Leeming <nige@powervalve.co.uk>

I've just completed removal of the standard DP and replaced it with a Milltek cat delete DP . Initial feedback is that it makes quite a difference and increases noise, not asbo loud but certainly more dB's. The note has changed dramatically and it now sounds absolutely fantastic! Defo worth doing for this alone, plus you get a few extra ponies released. On comfort it's only fractionally louder and I don't think would upset any neighbours. On dynamic though, OMG! It's lush.

Changing DP's is a huge undertaking, and not one to consider for the driveway. I'm fortunate to have a 2 post lift in the garage, without it I wouldn't have stood a chance. Would also be easier with two people.

Reactions: FBF01 and Kristijan Sabljar
I've just completed removal of the standard DP and replaced it with a Milltek cat delete DP . Initial feedback is that it makes quite a difference and increases noise, not asbo loud but certainly more dB's. The note has changed dramatically and it now sounds absolutely fantastic! Defo worth doing for this alone, plus you get a few extra ponies released. On comfort it's only fractionally louder and I don't think would upset any neighbours. On dynamic though, OMG! It's lush.

Changing DP's is a huge undertaking, and not one to consider for the driveway. I'm fortunate to have a 2 post lift in the garage, without it I wouldn't have stood a chance. Would also be easier with two people.
Sounds great! I recall @Kristijan Sabljar also saying it was very difficult to fit.

Reactions: Kristijan Sabljar
I've installed decat miltek for a week. I have also installed REVO stage 1 and the valves are always open in dynamic mode. It really makes too much noise especially between 2000 and 3000 rpm. I purchased the final part with a 200-cell catalyst. I should be here in a week.

I've installed decat miltek for a week. I have also installed REVO stage 1 and the valves are always open in dynamic mode. It really makes too much noise especially between 2000 and 3000 rpm. I purchased the final part with a 200-cell catalyst. I should be here in a week.

Is there such a thing as too much noise ha?

Don’t mind when it’s coming from an RS, it’s the chavvy loud I hate. Golf Rs with tinny exhausts etc. The RS3 sounds unreal on tight streets where the noise bounces of the buildings, but it can actually maybe be a tad loud at times...so with a decat...I’m sure it’s next level embarrassingly loud.

Reactions: AudiNutta and Deep penetrator
It is a lot louder. I'm actually considering fitting a sports cat too, as I find the increased noise from the waste gate unacceptable. If there was only another way to get rid of it...

Why should a nice car like the RS3 have a WG noise like this? What were the engineers thinking of?

hi guys,
i drive a 2017 rs3...saloon

i fitted the decat and milltek downpipes but im now experiencing a nasty ticking sound when under load. it idles fine but sounds ****** awful when sensibly driving around town. from 1500rpm all the way through... ive searched the forums to find a solution, i don't think its the valves or the waste gate. has anyone else experienced this????
i have a stage 1 custom map, wagner cooler.
would appreciate any and all feedback...
ps, when giving it the beans in dynamic/s its 10/10 mad max. note ad pitch also a lot different with a decal fitted..

Yup I'm finding exactly the same. With no cat to offer any restriction or sound attenuation you can hear everything from the engine, wanted or not. This is why I'm considering a 100 or 200 cell cat, I don't want to hear the ticking.

The exhaust note is epic though, a tad loud but it pops and crackles like it ought to.

Yup I'm finding exactly the same. With no cat to offer any restriction or sound attenuation you can hear everything from the engine, wanted or not. This is why I'm considering a 100 or 200 cell cat, I don't want to hear the ticking.

The exhaust note is epic though, a tad loud but it pops and crackles like it ought to.

i agree the sound is lovely when giving it the beans but when it ticks i get looked at for all the wrong reasons. i have just taken delivery of the integrated engineering carbon induction (finally !!! 4 weeks turned to 10 !!! ) so get this fitted then a nice stage 2 and make a decision to mess again with the exhaust.
ive spoken to mr D Henderson and will prob be taking my monster to see him in bonny scotland..

are you getting the dreaded tick? would love to know as been told each car is different. some suffer more than others..

I replaced the terminal without miltek catalyst with terminal with 200 miltek cell catalyst. I prefer to use 200 cell catalyst. The sound is less strong but for my taste much more beautiful.

I replaced the terminal without miltek catalyst with terminal with 200 miltek cell catalyst. I prefer to use 200 cell catalyst. The sound is less strong but for my taste much more beautiful.
is it noticeable still in traffic or at low RPM ??

With Revo stage 1 + map (essential to keep engine light off) with dynamic setting the exhaust valves are always open. With 200-cell catalyst at low revs the noise is not very strong, when you get to 4000 rpm it explodes with a fantastic sound. The bursts in release are stronger.