DP Motorsport - Simota Kit Delivery Times?

Beerzo

Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!
Reaction score
Anyone know how long they took to deliver the kits.

I have tried phoning them but there is no answer probs coz its a bank holiday.

Cheers
:tocktock:

Just orderd mine, should be here tomorrow fingers crossed. The guy was really good informed me that on some the MAF is slightly too big. Knew that from here anyways.
So whats the verdict on these, do they make a good nosie?

Got my kit fitted yesterday. Must say was not impressed with the fact the MAF sits the wrong way round and that the pipe is not wide enough to house the MAF correctly.

Can anyone suggest if there is a specific reason for the MAF being 90 degrees out of angle?

Not getting a big grunt of induction. Am getting a woosh of the dump valve going.

Where did everyone else run the end of the downpipe to? As it was just pointing towards the ground. So I bought some cheap ducting and shaped it so that it is sitting behind the lower side grille on the dirvers side.

I am also sometimes getting a slight 'miss' when accelerating after fitting the kit. Not sure if this is something do to with the MAF not sitting correctly. When I say 'miss' its less than a second of the car hesitating to accelerate then it goes fine.

Had a play about last night and have managed to get the original MAF housing inplace after the piping just before the intake pipe and blanked of the hole in the kit piping for holding the MAF. No problems with missing now and seems to go better aswell. Must have been a problem with airflow throught the MAF.

i was the first person to buy this kit and Dp are well aware of the issue ive told them many times and i was told that they was going to stop selling the kits till the isuue with the maf was sorted out

as for fitting i had to make the hole alot bigger for the maf and i also trimmed the bottom of the maf housing to get it to fit the right way.

i havent fitted any ducting but i must say after all the crap with fitting i really happy with it i get good grunt :)

billybravo - Where did you put the end of the pipe that points down? I have it running to the lower drivers side front grille. I am thinking of seeing if there is a better way to do it.

The guy from DP did say there was a fitting issue with the MAF not fitting the hole but i didnt think the pipe wouldnt be deep enough for it to fit in. This was when i phoned them to give them my details. So cant fault them in terms that they did mention it but didnt say the MAF would be the wrong way round.

Yeah i though of that myself the rain was heavy here yesterday so i kept the loud pedal quiet.

Or if you havean inspector gadget car you could just say "Go! Go! Gadget Suspension!" then the car will raise itself 20ft in the air and - bobs your aunties live in lover - drive striaght through.

Seen a load of motors down at Edition 38 with air ride. There was an A4 convertable that had it so you might be able to do it. But the ride quality would be worse than a cheap crack whore.

God we all dream of big turbos...... mmmmmmm one that you could fit your arm inside....mmmm