Downpipe!

weemanno1

Reaction score
Heu guys im after a 3" downpipe and sport cat of poss for my 8p s3 (2010 does anyone know of any decent ones for sale??. My other idea was just have the downpipe made ,keep the cat and have the split box removed but cost is about the same.. only going for a custom stage 1 as the Mrs drives the car but dunno what to do lol

Mrs’s can drive cars beyond stage 1 too...

Check the classifieds, there was a couple of Milltek there recently - I’ve linked to you on 2 of the posts.

Last edited:
forgot to mention i have a sport back lol. think there differant exhausts?

forgot to mention i have a sport back lol. think there differant exhausts?
Sport back exhaust catback is different to the 3 door. The downpipe may be the same but you would need to check

Downpipe is the same for 3 & 5 door. Best option is to go for downpipe only as the cat back only offers a marginal power increase, whereas the downpipe will give you faster spool up and more torque / power. You will be better off with a stage 2 map though (even without an induction kit), to make the most of the downpipe.

As said above the downpipe will need mapping in to avoid a warning light on the dash.

I have got the full BCS TBE with sports cat with no map yet and I don't have any warning lights...yet. Obviously it needs a map to get the full potential out of it.

I recently bought a full BCS turboback from a member on here and i have had no issues with lights appearing but i have read that others have curious to know why this is . If anyone can shed some light on this problem it would be nice to know . Cheers in advance .
Awesome piece off kit

I recently bought a full BCS turboback from a member on here and i have had no issues with lights appearing but i have read that others have curious to know why this is . If anyone can shed some light on this problem it would be nice to know . Cheers in advance .
Awesome piece off kit

My understanding is that is depends on how close the tip of the O2 sensor is to the gas flow in the exhaust.
A dodge some people do is to fit a spacer between the exhaust and the sensor so moving it outwards and thus no dash lights.

I have a BCS turbo back with a 200 cell sport cat. Awesome exhaust system. I didn't have any lights for a few weeks and then I had a light come on. Had an APR map and they mapped a thing called test lines into it to remove the light. Might be selling my car soon so might be stripping the exhaust off I anyone is interested in buying?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My understanding is that is depends on how close the tip of the O2 sensor is to the gas flow in the exhaust.
A dodge some people do is to fit a spacer between the exhaust and the sensor so moving it outwards and thus no dash lights.
Cheers for given me an insight into why the lights could come on , maybe me not having mine mapped yet is another reason as it seems to be a few with maps put in will nees to look out for it when i eventually get mine done

Cheers for given me an insight into why the lights could come on , maybe me not having mine mapped yet is another reason as it seems to be a few with maps put in will nees to look out for it when i eventually get mine done
If you speak to the boys at BCS apparently there is an adapter boss you can buy on eBay to move the sensor out to reduce the amount of food around the sensor

I have a BCS turbo back with a 200 cell sport cat. Awesome exhaust system. I didn't have any lights for a few weeks and then I had a light come on. Had an APR map and they mapped a thing called test lines into it to remove the light. Might be selling my car soon so might be stripping the exhaust off I anyone is interested in buying?

if its for a sportback im game!! lol

I’ve got a bcs downpipe and sports cat, and it’s a brilliant piece of kit!
I will get the cat back at some point once I’ve saved up enough haha. But yeh I got a engine light on but didn’t need to map it out, just put a angled lambda sensor on and that worked a great

I’ve got a bcs downpipe and sports cat, and it’s a brilliant piece of kit!
I will get the cat back at some point once I’ve saved up enough haha. But yeh I got a engine light on but didn’t need to map it out, just put a angled lambda sensor on and that worked a great

How much was the downpipe and sports cat out of interest?

Why do BCS make a down pipe and cat for £640 that needs a £50 adapter boss to stop the engine check light coming on ? I mean they have to weld a threaded boss on the thing anyway why not angle it of make it as bit longer.
I want to like BCS but their website has been broken for months on the FAQ section, they don't seem to mention VAT ? and i cant find any mention of the difference between sport and prestige systems..........

Why do BCS make a down pipe and cat for £640 that needs a £50 adapter boss to stop the engine check light coming on ? I mean they have to weld a threaded boss on the thing anyway why not angle it of make it as bit longer.
I want to like BCS but their website has been broken for months on the FAQ section, they don't seem to mention VAT ? and i cant find any mention of the difference between sport and prestige systems..........

Jesus Shots fired haha ...well in all honesty mate if you wana talk bcs advice/query’s Then ring them...they are more than happy to discuss stuff, I’ve rand a few times their customer service is second to none.
The website has been operational and back online for quite a while too.

The whole engine light drama is hit and miss...some Cars it comes on and some it doesn’t. mine didn’t come on for a good few months then when I cleared it, it just randomly came on one day again. It’s more the computers fault rather than the downpipe. And 50 quid is a bit steep for the spacer I got mine for a tenner off eBay.

I couldn’t tell you about the difference between the sports and prestige systems though I’ll give you that, there ain’t much explinaiok about the two on the website.

Like a said just message or call them. One time I emailed them directly and another I rang up. Whichever way i contacted them I got th answers I was looking for, prices, and what not.

Give them a bell mate :thumbs up:

Ha ha yes i am sure an Audi sport fatwa has been issued already.
I looked at awesome and their spacer is £49.00, if you click on BCS FAQ, what is a power valve ? i am guessing they dont know :mad:) its been like that for months.

Ha ha yes i am sure an Audi sport fatwa has been issued already.
I looked at awesome and their spacer is £49.00, if you click on BCS FAQ, what is a power valve ? i am guessing they dont know :mad:) its been like that for months.

Yeh mate f**k paying that for a o2 spacer, like I said I got mine off some Guys BM for a tenner...I will never mind buying second hand for things like that...50 quid is a joke haha. And the powervalve is literally a valve in the cat back back portion of the exhaust so when your driving at low rpm it’s closed and your not waking the neighbours or annoying the wife, but then as soon as your foots down and boost kicks in the valve opens and the car roars down the road. Best of both worlds really mate...quiet when you need it to be...louder than life when it matters.

A power valve system has a flap in it so u can just be a normal person with a normal car. Then when u want to here some bark you just give a bit of right foot. Advantage of the system no drone and pretty much a normal sounding exhaust system until u want it to get loud. As for contacting them I just sent Nigel a message on Facebook and it was quickly responded to even though I hadn't even purchased the system from them (2nd had of a member is one way to get it cheaper). As for the engine light I still don't have one yet on my non mapped car. But will try and get the test map thing put in like S3RTB said when it does .