downpipe ???

linford-quattro

Reaction score
hi all abit of a repost to get more response. ive had the dpf gutted and mapped for a while now all fine and happy. im going to be having a custom stage 2 and got told i need to do all the exhaust which is no problem. However my question is... is there any difference or atleast noticeable difference in a gutted dpf than a striaght downpipe???? no comments on mot please as ive a friend for that. striaght downpipe against the current gutted dpf any difference or just leave it as it is and do the rest of the system. cheers

far better flowing with no box, that bottom pipe out of the box is restrictive

i cant see a normal pipe would flow any better tbh, yes the shape of the DPF box might not be ideal but cant see it holding you back

i cant see a normal pipe would flow any better tbh, yes the shape of the DPF box might not be ideal but cant see it holding you back
Both were tried on a fb site, a difference was seen

I can't see it making any significant difference, maybe a few hp and torques but keeping the gutted dpf will make mot time a lot easier and you will be legal.

You'll get that sound from removing youre back box its nothing rattling lol. And changing my gutted dpf to a custom downpipe wouldn't alter sound its performance (atleast thats what im trying to find out) the rest of the system will be custom built with a backbox made to keep it quiet as thats how I told him I want it

I know but it sounds like rattling :) It was just a heads up. Im no expert but i dont think theres much to gain with a custom downpipe.
Are you going for a bigger turbo?

I know but it sounds like rattling :) It was just a heads up. Im no expert but i dont think theres much to gain with a custom downpipe.
Are you going for a bigger turbo?
Nope keeping the 170 turbo. Although you may be right in saying the new downpipe wont see much... i think as one of the lads above said about the dpf outlet pipe is restricted, think hes onto a winner as when i remember seeing the dpf off to be gutted it does have quite a bend to it which can only hinder flow