Downpipe from an AUQ engine onto my A3?

Prawn

My other car is a MINI!!!!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hey guys, i need advice, and i need it pretty soon.

im doing a ko3S upgrade on my AGU engined A3, so far ive got a ko3S, a forge TIP, and thats it.

im looking for a high flow downpipe and sports cat, and ive been offered a milltek turbo back system from an AUQ engined seat toledo.

i know the backbox wont fit, due to the toledo being longer in the rear, but as the floorpan is the same as the golf, the downpipe through to axle pipe should fit just the same shouldnt it?

the guy says the downpipe will fit onto the turbo, which i know it will, i know the downpipe will have two lambda take offs, but most do, and the later can be plugged for running on my AGU.

should the lambda sensor threads be the same on my AGU and on the AUQ downpipe?

Hi Prawn,

Hope all is well and hope to see you at the next meet.

The man you need to talk is Dave Bayern, I helped him put his new turbo in the his A3 recently so he would be ideal to have a chat with. Send him a PM.

Hope this helps.

thanks Nick, ive spoken to dave now, we reckon it should be fine.

im doing exactly the same engine mods as dave in principle, although ill be running a milltek high flow downpipe and 200c cat instead of daves big decat pipe, i drive around 100 miles a day, so really dont fancy anything TOO loud and boomy! ill also be running the UK sourced ebay FMIC kit, with slightly different pipe work, and a smaller core.

either way, we should both be looking at the same output, of 235-240bhp if all goes to plan!

Prawn said:
thanks Nick, ive spoken to dave now, we reckon it should be fine.

im doing exactly the same engine mods as dave in principle, although ill be running a milltek high flow downpipe and 200c cat instead of daves big decat pipe, i drive around 100 miles a day, so really dont fancy anything TOO loud and boomy! ill also be running the UK sourced ebay FMIC kit, with slightly different pipe work, and a smaller core.

either way, we should both be looking at the same output, of 235-240bhp if all goes to plan!

Nice one, I;m glad he could help, he does know his stuff. You should be looking at quite a quick little car. S3 terroitry I'm thinking!!!:thumbsup:

Im am also going for this conversion, hoping to have it done by xmas on a budget lol.

looking forward to seeing how the FMIC fitting goes!!

josh