Downpipe for A3 Quattro?

tyson

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere and cannot find a downpipe specifically for the A3 1.8T Quattro, does anyone know of anywhere i could get one?

I've had so many problems finding one, i brought one for a A3 1.8t a cheapy one off ebay...took it to a mechanic where i helped fit it the flange is correct but the pipe wont sit right as its got the axel that leads to the back wheels in the way of where the pipe is meant to run. i had a custome exhaust made yesterday by Powerflow. they tried to fit it and said there would be no chance. so in terms of fitment it needs to be same shape as S3 downpipe but with the A3 flange. but i have lloked everywhere for one. JBS, Awesome GTI, Ebay, AMD and no luck.

I've had so many problems finding one, i brought one for a A3 1.8t a cheapy one off ebay...took it to a mechanic where i helped fit it the flange is correct but the pipe wont sit right as its got the axel that leads to the back wheels in the way of where the pipe is meant to run. i had a custome exhaust made yesterday by Powerflow. they tried to fit it and said there would be no chance. so in terms of fitment it needs to be same shape as S3 downpipe but with the A3 flange. but i have lloked everywhere for one. JBS, Awesome GTI, Ebay, AMD and no luck.

Hmmmmm, yeah, I can see the problem there.

An S3 on won't fit obviously as the K04's hot side exits on the side, where as the K03's is on the bottom.

Could you not have a custom one made? As you have already said, it's not looking like there are many off the shelf options available.

where could i get a custom one made? Powerflow said they can't do it as there only able to bend and align up to 2 1/2 inch pipework so 3 inch wouldnt be a possibility.

where could i get a custom one made? Powerflow said they can't do it as there only able to bend and align up to 2 1/2 inch pipework so 3 inch wouldnt be a possibility.

Longlife should be able to do that, although, to be honest, a 2 1/2 inch pipe would be ample. 3" on a 1.8TQ is overkill. As long as the restriction posed by the stock item is gone, thats all that really counts.