downpipe cost (possible DIY?)

Dylan Johnson

Test123
Reaction score
I have a 1.8TFSI with the S-Tronic gearbox and seen quite a few youtube vids of people getting the dsg pop with a downpipe, just wondering if anyone has had one fitted and rough cost, also im guessing the car would need to be remapped? or would it be ok with the stock map?

Would it be ok to drive short term? for example fitting the downpipe and driving to a remapper?
Yes mate, if you drive without boosting and take it steady you'll be ok. I spoke to MRC a while ago when i was looking to do the same and thats what they told me.

Yes mate, if you drive without boosting and take it steady you'll be ok. I spoke to MRC a while ago when i was looking to do the same and thats what they told me.

cheers for you help, another quick question would it need to be a custom map or just a generic map? just so i know what to look for when looking for a mapper

I have a related question... I already have a standard map on my car. If I install a downpipe and decat, will this need remapped again? Thanks

If you're removing your cat you will need a stage2 map, Apr, revo ect. Unless you get a custom map from someone like MRC.

Reactions: dmpx