down pipe nightmare help!!!!

northernlights

A12 Road eater
Reaction score
PROBLEM driving home and I can feel a vibration from the underfloor. the car was jacked up an the flexi pipe has spilt and now bouncing of the drive shaft.

I ordered a new down pipe and decat for my BAM 225. took the car to the garage today to have it fitted but i was told it wouldn't fit because the mounting point for rubbers would mean rubbing against prop shaft.

two mechanics looked at it and said the same thing so possibly for a front wheel drive TT like a 180bhp.

does anyone have a down pipe + decate for sale for 2002 s3 8L 225 engine code B.A.M.

Cant drive car until i get it sorted. been a nightmare

if anyone can sell me or find me one but not from china as needed asap please ill be most helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 151
PROBLEM driving home and I can feel a vibration from the underfloor. the car was jacked up an the flexi pipe has spilt and now bouncing of the drive shaft.

I ordered a new down pipe and decat for my BAM 225. took the car to the garage today to have it fitted but i was told it wouldn't fit because the mounting point for rubbers would mean rubbing against prop shaft.

two mechanics looked at it and said the same thing so possibly for a front wheel drive TT like a 180bhp.

does anyone have a down pipe + decate for sale for 2002 s3 8L 225 engine code B.A.M.

Cant drive car until i get it sorted. been a nightmare

if anyone can sell me or find me one but not from china as needed asap please ill be most helpful.

The one you have pictured is for an S3 for sure.

I had a similar problem with my relentless downpipe I ended up cutting the hanger off and welding it back on as it was miles off you might be able to warm it up and bend it

Have had the same issue for years. No matter how many times it has been fixed/altered by different mechanics, give it a couple of weeks and it is back rubbing again.
Your other option is try and get your money back and get a custom down pipe made specific to your car, which is what I will be doing next.

Same. Had the downpipe on 3 years and its battered from rubbing things under the car in the transmission tunnel.
Ive had success with ditching the bottom hanger, and moving the engine mounts so the engine is as far over to the passenger side as possible.
Im about to buy some vibratechnics enigne mounts so the engine and therefore the downpipe wont move an inch, and no more knocking :)

3" downpipes are a tight fit no matter what... shame as I wanted to make a 3.5" one :)

<tuffty/>