Double DIN stereo swap

novril

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have searched but only found older posts so they aren't overly helpful. I currently have the standard single din radio and a cd changer. I've got an x car link to play music over Bluetooth but my iPhone doesn't get on with it.

I'd like to fit a double din android stereo, but what is the cost of converting to to double din? If its too much I'll just get a single din Alpine stereo or something but the newer android units looks pretty good.

I can do all the work myself but just need a rough idea of cost and know exactly what is needed.

Cheers.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Find someone breaking their car and take what you need. Much cheaper than trying to collate the parts via eBay

I found the complete panels and climate unit and all switches, he was £120. Is that the going rate?

Thanks for the heads up.

Keep it in mind that the CC go for around £30/ £50 so if your willing to pay £70 for the cage then its worth it.
Have a check through gumtree and other breakers b4 just nuying the first one .

Yeah I've messaged quite a few, just trying to get an idea of cost.

I need the cage, esp buttons and blanks, hazard switch and then either trim my climate panel or get a double din one? Anything else that have forgotten? I want to fit an android double din unit really. I'll need a specific double din fascia adaptor as well I guess?

I have the cage, buttons and card holder (the trim is missing unfortunately) from an incomplete project. You can have it for £50 plus postage.

Reactions: novril, aqibi2000 and ch1z64
Is the cage the A revision? I've got auto climare so not sure if it's the A or D I need for it. Thanks for the heads up.

Find out if an A4 b6 se 2001 part number ( 8E0 858 005 B ) fits as ebay have 1 for a Tenner

I paid £60 for the cage with buttons inc hazard switch, card holder and the little facia from breakers about 2 years ago. .. So your price of £120 today is definitely high.

Then trimmed my climate control module to fit in the lower down slot.

I paid £60 for the cage with buttons inc hazard switch, card holder and the little facia from breakers about 2 years ago. .. So your price of £120 today is definitely high.

Then trimmed my climate control module to fit in the lower down slot.

I guess you were lucky. Breakers are getting smarter these days and they know what parts are in short supply etc.

It’s a D.
Do you know the difference between the A and D parts? I think it's the later type ciimare control isn't it? So not compatible with my current unit?

I have the cage, buttons and card holder (the trim is missing unfortunately) from an incomplete project. You can have it for £50 plus postage.
Pm sent.

Any of yous know if it is possible to convert the cage from single din to double din? I got hold of an RNSe head unit+CD changer for a low price and was wondering if the old method of cutting+plastic welding could be used on the cage? The cheapest I can find is £50 for a bare double din cage excluding cupholder, buttons or any fascia. If I'm gonna throw my single din cage away (not like there is a mad demand for them out there) might as try!