Double din conversion done pics inside

R55 MRU

Reaction score
Just gave the dash a clean. So here is how my 53 plate sport interior looks ATM ;)

50f66d27.jpg

0eedaad4.jpg

e24acb9e.jpg

Last edited:
No I didn't mate. I found a double din climate one on eBay for 15 pounds. It didnt Work. So i moved the internals from My single din over too the double one.

Looks good mate, what is it like fitting the double din cage without removing the dash? Been thinking about doing this myself

Looks good mate, what is it like fitting the double din cage without removing the dash? Been thinking about doing this myself

Not to bad although can be very fiddly to remove existing cage,

Brilliant mate :) i got a single DIN concert like you have and want to fit RNS-E in time, What do i need altogether ? RNS-E, Double Din Centre console ? Double Din Climate ? and Double Din buttons isir ? :)

I have been thinking about just getting a fbmfsw. Some people have like momo steering wheels with no airbags. I'm a careful driver......

I'm now looking to get the stitching redone to silver on mine to match the gearshift/handbrake and hopefully soon knee pads LOL. Dunno if it would be cheaper to get a new wheel or have mine re-done. Thing is, I dont like the perforated finish & they seem more common.

Nice work, I need to get my card tray wired up so it also lights up in the dark. You could have cut the side down on your single din using a dremmel and a stencil of double din faceplate but seems you found a better way and pretty cheap at £15 as well mate!