Doors click at low speed in 1st gear

pjeffe9172

Reaction score
Good evening everyone,

Whilst driving back from work this evening, every time I slowed down or came to a standstill and pulled away again in 1st gear the doors clicked. It sounded the doors locking themselves. I have never noticed this before but checked the MMI to see if there was an auto lock feature to disable it to test my theory....but couldn't find an auto lock feature.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Good evening everyone,

Whilst driving back from work this evening, every time I slowed down or came to a standstill and pulled away again in 1st gear the doors clicked. It sounded the doors locking themselves. I have never noticed this before but checked the MMI to see if there was an auto lock feature to disable it to test my theory....but couldn't find an auto lock feature.

Has anybody else experienced this?
Would expect locking on first drive away then not unlocking until turning off ignition. Not repeatedly clicking while driving.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks yuppyflyer thats exactly my chain of thought. Just wondering with all the adverse weather a bit of moisture has got in somewhere....

Mine did this the other night.
Noticed the door lock light wasn’t illuminated while driving as normal.
Pressed to lock the doors and wouldn’t lock. Soon as I stopped and restarted everything went back to normal.

Thanks Kev. Having left mine overnight and going out today it seemed to have righted itself too.... I dint notice the door lock light yesterday if I'm honest. Glad yours is back to normal too.