door trim

Adam-D

Reaction score
the lower "black" door trim is coming away, :( now do i need just a trim, or do i need the clips aswell?

it wont clip back on, on 2 of the clips,

Go to Euro Car Parts and you replace the whle strip. Theres a small screw that can be a pig to shift and may need drilling out. Once screw is out the trim just slides from it's mounting points.

The ECP are genuine Audi parts and are cheap as chips (£17 when I did mine a couple of months ago). Slide on and fit new retaining screw, job jobbed.

there not much more at the dealer, i paid £22 for the front and £20 for the rear doors, just in case you have got a eurocar parts near you or dont want to order

it seems to be sitting on white clips, but on the actual black strip it appears to have snapped away from 2 of them

not as expensive as i thought, and ill get to clean, polish behind it too

Audi in their wisdom used a really naff metal rail that holds the moulding to the white clips on the door. This strip rots and leaves the moulding hanging off and looking worse than a scrapyard Vectra. lol. Replacing these trims is so easy and makes the car look so much tidier and well kept

I just replaced all mine a few month back cost me 88 quid in all (Dealers) and they are now made as one whole rubber sill rather than have that metal strip in that corrodes and causes it to come away. It makes the car a whole let better having the new door huggers.