Door speaker size's?

StevoS3

Reaction score
As the title says, What size are the door speakers in the front n' rear of the 2002 S3?

Looking to upgrade as I dont have the Bose :sorry:

The fronts are 4" components with 1" tweeters and the rears are 6.5" coaxials. Totally pointless upgrading them really if you are driving them from the stock HU as it has a feeble 2 x 20w (peak) amp and the speakers themselves are mounted to the flimsy doorcards so any improvement is marginal and you won't improve the bass at all. Far better to add a sub and leave the speakers unless you are driving them properly and even then you will be lacking bass without a sub or stealth sub. A stealth sub upgrade is a far better investment or a traditional boot hogger.

I've been installing sound systems in cars for years now, I know my stuff. I'm looking for a bit more of a quality in my sound, not more bass. I Just sold my Vibe Twin space 2 6000w for a nice wee Vibe SLR 12".

Completely fedup with window breaking bass, have not yet decided what type of speaker rout I want to go down yet. I've fitted a couple of Focal speakers in some cars and also heard full professional setups and I just dont think they are worth the money at all. You get all the same sound quality out all the Vibe gear, so, I'm saving my penny's and maybe try a few other brands.

Will let you all know if I come across anything that impresses me :o.k:

Cheers Andy!

Who mentioned window breaking bass? The stealth sub is 6.5" and provides clean punchy bass when you need it and boy do you need it in the A3. As said quality components up front screwed to a flimsy door card loosely clipped to a metal door = shyte.
I've been installing systems in Audi's for over 10 years and you will not get anything half decent from just upgrading the speakers in the 8L, but by all means ignore the advice you asked for and good luck.