Door seal replacement

Mike_B

Reaction score
Has anyone got info on replacing the door seal? The one on the body, not the door itself. Mine has worn badly where I seem to catch it getting in / out of the car. I'm guessing the A and B pillar trims, and upper and lower trims need to come off to do this, but any "how-to's" would be helpful.

Thanks - Mike

i didnt have to remove any trim when i removed mine not that i can remember anyway i started on at the bottom and slowly pulled it off all the way round

no need to remove anything

Cheers guys - so it's just bonded, right? Can I ask what you used to remove the remains of the seal - which I guess is just ripped away from the body opening?

not bonded just kinda pushes on

what seal ? the one that runs fully round the door frame ?

No. The one which runs round the door opening - not the door itself.

that's what I ment

no bonding that iv ever seen and iv removed quite a few

I guess it'd be easier if I had the replacement to hand - :crying:

Anyway, just for clarity, it's this - the worn portion is ripping away from the rest of it, so new seal needed.

Photo

I'm assuming there's a flange right round the body opening - yeh?

I have just discovered mine is damaged, worse than you pic. They just pull or, the rubber has strips of metal on each side of the clamping part of the seal which clamp around the flange made by the two panels welded together.

Another item for my 100k service and refresh.

I've fine mine once and it needs doing again - a pig to get back on. I am sure I had yo remove the a pillar trims...

Push it on in one spot and tap into place with a rubber mallet and keep working your way round, shouldn't be too hard.