Q5 door puddle lights

D J Robo

Reaction score
H i there I own a Q5 2011 and im trying to fit some door & puddle lights but not having much success i have fitted the lights in the doors
so dos anybody know the right pins incase iv put them in wrong ! , and the coding please thank you David

H i there I own a Q5 2011 and im trying to fit some door & puddle lights but not having much success i have fitted the lights in the doors
so dos anybody know the right pins incase iv put them in wrong ! , and the coding please thank you David

I fitted 2 pairs in UK stock off Amazon.
They came with exactly the right connector to make it a simple swap electrically. They came with two extra wires, no instructions and I didn't use them. All fine and no coding required for constant light ala oem puddles.

Now the caution. The new lights were a tad tight to fit in the OEM holes. I trimmed the new lights rather than hack at the door trim. Double caution when removing if they are too tight. When they fall apart they should clip back together but get the bits in the right places.

Hi I have no wires to connect to they were just plastic covers :grumpy: so wanted to fit lights in them , I have been told they need coding by vag so was hoping someone would know the code for a Q5 thank you for your reply

Hi ONE desperate audi driver !!! someone told me you add 64 to the original number in the boxes 42 door 52 door but them numbers are 7 digits long but mine is a long digit number 17 on the vag machine can anybody help please