door open warning light??

20vtdaz

Reaction score
hi guys, i have an issue with my s3, when i shut my drivers door sometimes the dash display will say that its still open, so the interior lights stay on and it wont arm the alarm,so you have to keep shutting it till it recognises it is shut, any ideas as its driving me mad, thanks daz

Hi, had this on my car as well, it was the microswitch inside the door latch mechanism. new door latch is about£50 and fitting is about 2hrs, so it can be a bit expensive for a microswitch. seems to be a common problem if you read past posts

this sounds very brutal and criminal but, my tailgate light on my s3 was doing exactly the same so the alarm wouldnt arm, i got a bit teasy with it one day, got out the car, opend the boot and slammed it shut..... see, brutal and harsh but...... it has been like a new one since!!! maybe i scared the sensor..... although that isnt good forum advice and everyone is gunna think im a bodge king now lol, please dont go doing it and smashin ur window!!!!!!! (should i have really jus made myself sound like an animal to cars!??? doh...)

If your boot ones playing up its probably due to a leaking pipe that leads to your rear-washwipe. It drips down and forms around the microswitch shorting it out, we used to replace loads of them!

With the door ones tho it can just be down to mechanical wear, or again water ingestion.

ok guys thats great, thanks for the help, ( james333, i have really slammed it to, lol ) thanks again daz

Mine did it for a while in the summer. So I slammed it a few times. No problems since!

our poor audis taking so much abuse with all this slamming :crying:

yeah mine does this too, ****** irritating! whats diagnosis? strip door catch?