Door open display.

Alan Gunn

Should the display show when the bonnet is open ?.
It shows all doors and rear hatch open.
Reason i ask is that i can't set the alarm off.
Car is a 2002 a6 avant.

ms1083

Have 2004 A6 Allroad (C5) display does not show bonnet. only doors & boot. There is a bonnet switch but this only sets off the alarm. Try sitting in the car, locking it with the key fob waiting for a bit for alarm to set fully then opening the bonnet lever.
Can't quite remember what I was doing but have definatly managed to set off the alarm opening the bonnet - might have locked cat but left bonnet down but not fully locked then opened it.
If you are worried about alarm lock car with window open then wave hand infront of internal sensor on top of pillar between front & rear doors

Alan Gunn

Thanks for that info.
The alarm looks like it sets as the red light flashes fast for about 30 seconds then flashes slower.
I think it is the sounder as i found a post that said open the hatch with the key and that will set the alarm off.
When i do that i can hear a slight beep beep like a mouse.

DGSdale

Thanks for that info.
The alarm looks like it sets as the red light flashes fast for about 30 seconds then flashes slower.
I think it is the sounder as i found a post that said open the hatch with the key and that will set the alarm off.
When i do that i can hear a slight beep beep like a mouse.

I believe the alarm sounder has a rechargeable battery in it. Sounds like yours may have given up the ghost. The battery is not supposed to be replaceable but can be if you're a little bit clever. Get Googling!