Door module fault codes after replacing modules

yep, was an extra option on my old bus...but then even an option is an extra option with audi..lol
Yea i remeber laughing at a thread on here about options,and someone saying "if you didnt add any options on an audi spec list.that you would probably just recieve an unpainted car body"

Reactions: Charlie Farley
lol.....
back to this door module coding issue, it comes to mind that maybe the individual door modules cannot be accessed as they have no specific label file.
Whereas the main conv control module does, is it possible that the central conv module is the critical part of the equation from a coding point of view as it has a label file so must have a data function, whereas the door modules don't have a specific label file , just a though and maybe worth further investigation.

Just another thought , address 46 is central conv but the door modules are listed as a sub-system .
the main module has a coding number which would relate to specific function it can and cant do etc, maybe by altering the coding of the main module it would relate to how the door modules operate.
for example a central conv module with the coding 07147 could have numerous other combinations that effect the door modules such as tilting and dipping aswell.

like this, ( from a B6 though so may be different to B7) but you get the idea.

Central Convenience Controller Coding:

State Bit Dec. Function
OFF 0 1 Great Britain- alarm system (only with bit 4)
OFF 1 2 flash on when arming/unarming alarm system
ON 2 4 selective locking 1 door/all doors
ON 3 8 activate alarm system
OFF 4 16 rear unlocking block via speed
OFF 5 32 locking via speed
OFF 6 64 comfort functions with remote (adapt in ch 62!!)
OFF 7 128 right side steering
OFF 8 256 avant (glass break sensors in rear side-and rear
windows (if error: safe-LED constantly lit ))
ON 9 512 1x flash when lock with remote
ON 10 1024 horn sounds when lock with remote
ON 11 2048 door/window-logic ( ignition off: No open door
el. windows works 10 min )
OFF 12 4096 normal/????-alarm system
ON 13 8192 No SAFE-function USA only
OFF 14 16384 insulate-glass PR-nr 4KR/4KV

lol.....
back to this door module coding issue, it comes to mind that maybe the individual door modules cannot be accessed as they have no specific label file.
Whereas the main conv control module does, is it possible that the central conv module is the critical part of the equation from a coding point of view as it has a label file so must have a data function, whereas the door modules don't have a specific label file , just a though and maybe worth further investigation.
You may be right,bit complicated for me.all i know is coding that conv module,sends different instuctions to"reciever"switches,modules on the car,

getting to complicated for me to be honest....but hey i'm error free so i'm a happy bunny..:yahoo:
these old buses are so coding reliant its bonkers...i'm very surprised the popout drinks holder doesn't need to be coded in aswell...lol

Just another thought , address 46 is central conv but the door modules are listed as a sub-system .
the main module has a coding number which would relate to specific function it can and cant do etc, maybe by altering the coding of the main module it would relate to how the door modules operate.
for example a central conv module with the coding 07147 could have numerous other combinations that effect the door modules such as tilting and dipping aswell.
Yes i think thats correct,but only if the "recieving module "is able to accept it?but again im not sure ,its a bit technical for me

agreed...possibly why the door modules need to be "max" versions....to match the " central controller"

So after this discussion,in answer to your question alex.no i cant scan module 42,

And just look at all the extra information we have supplied , its a service we provide...lol

Its good to know that im not the only one that cant access 42, ill give number 46 a look tomorrow when i get 5. Cheers for the input aswell fellas, its very much appreciated!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Just an update, I fitted my power folding mirrors today, all working well, I am so happy to get it all done. (thanks to the weather)
Just need to buy some new door clips, I have about 5 broken so just put drivers side door card back for now.
Suprised how many broke, I have a set of plastic trim tools but not much use with the the door card design.

I suspect they are designed to brake off Richard, I have yet to get any door card off with at a least a couple breaking.

Just an update, I fitted my power folding mirrors today, all working well, I am so happy to get it all done. (thanks to the weather)
Just need to buy some new door clips, I have about 5 broken so just put drivers side door card back for now.
Suprised how many broke, I have a set of plastic trim tools but not much use with the the door card design.

Great stuff! Its worth the effort to fit them in my opinion, i use mine every day. Have you run a scan after completing the job? Im curious to know whether you have the same codes as i got

Great stuff! Its worth the effort to fit them in my opinion, i use mine every day. Have you run a scan after completing the job? Im curious to know whether you have the same codes as i got
I scanned mine this morning,i have codes 01331,01332,door control driver and passanger side (j386) 53-10,supply voltage too low- intermittent, but i also have,01559,01560, driver and passenger door,57-10-electric circuit failure- intermittent?mirrors working fine though

Hi the results of my scan, no new faults, all the ones shown were there before. The Cent Elec 09 57-00 is there since I fitted my Home Lights as I do not have a rain sensor.

Attachments

• scan.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 158
It’ll be interesting to see what a scan pulls up on my own car. Mine’s a 2013 though, so has a lot more in common with a B8 A4, than a B7.