Door marker light

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me where the switch that makes the door lights come on is, I have a problem where the light only works now and again but every time I go to remove the door card to have a look the light works and there is no bad connections that I can find anywhere, so I'm thinking bad switch, any help greatfuly appreciated as always

Dont they come on with the interior lights so if they are Ok it would be a break in the wiring to the door light.The wires can break in the loom from the door to the body

there is a microswitch inside the door lock. they are not replaceable its a new lock /catch mechanism to sort it. Some report that a bit of wd40 can solve the problem but i fear its a door card off jobby. might be wrong though

there is a microswitch inside the door lock. they are not replaceable its a new lock /catch mechanism to sort it. Some report that a bit of wd40 can solve the problem but i fear its a door card off jobby. might be wrong though

That may well explain why as soon as you take the door card off they work fine, the loom has been inspected as far as it can and no breaks found, could be as soon as door handle/ card disturbed it comes back to life, will try a bit of spray

That may well explain why as soon as you take the door card off they work fine, the loom has been inspected as far as it can and no breaks found, could be as soon as door handle/ card disturbed it comes back to life, will try a bit of spray

I've got this problem to.i ve changed the lock in the door and that's fixed the interior light and door shown on dis but the door light still won't come on and won't lock while all the others do,anyone have any ideas.

I've got this problem to.i ve changed the lock in the door and that's fixed the interior light and door shown on dis but the door light still won't come on and won't lock while all the others do,anyone have any ideas.

Check the wiring in then door and also check the connection in the multiplug mine had corroded to the point of the pins breaking off

Done that mate the door has power to it as the window switch lights up.

Done that mate the door has power to it as the window switch lights up.

that means nothing

I had power to mine but my door wouldn't lock with the fob but would work fine with the key and when using the key it would lock and unlock all doors all the electrics worked fine windows, mirrors and heat on the mirror too the door marker light would work intermittent