Door lights

southylad

Reaction score
Hi i am having trouble with drivers door lights the puddle light and the red light on back of door card are not working everything else on the door is working speaker illuminated swithes elec windows the lot its just the 2 lights any help would be great thanks in advance

Do the other door lights work? Are you sure they are lights and not just the lenses?

They are lights not just lenses and bulbs are fine i tested by swapping them over everthing else on the door woks inc the little illuminated buttons just the puddle light and the little red light on the end of the card that dont ì thought if it was a fuse more lights would not work

No fuse for them, there pinned straight from the door module

Seeing as there both out it seems like a wiring issue to me as there wired together to the same pin on the module

Either pins 1&2 on earlier cars or pins 18&19 on later cars

I assume you've had them working before ??
If they've never worked, check that the door module is coded for them

On iPhone using Tapacrap

Reactions: southylad
No fuse for them, there pinned straight from the door module

Seeing as there both out it seems like a wiring issue to me as there wired together to the same pin on the module

Either pins 1&2 on earlier cars or pins 18&19 on later cars

I assume you've had them working before ??
If they've never worked, check that the door module is coded for them

On iPhone using Tapacrap
Thanks for reply the drivers door lights have not worked since ive had the car no . The passenger side works fine tho so if codeing does both that would rule that out if not that could be a possabillity yes my car is an 07 s3 3 door if that helps

Check the loom between the pillar and door, they sometimes break inside the tube.

Coding is seperate on each door mate

However, if one side works then there's no real reason the coding would be wrong just on one door
But Deffo worth checking

Vcds would tell you the problem anyway

On iPhone using Tapacrap

Check the loom between the pillar and door, they sometimes break inside the tube.

That loom has nothing to do with the puddle lights that loom supplies the module, regulator, speaker

Puddle lights are fed from the module, everything else works so the module feed is ok

On iPhone using Tapacrap

Sorted checked codeing not sure if driver and passenger should be same but they were not anyway added 64 to driver door code as it said for door warning lights and on they came the codeing is still different on one door to another tho is this right? I guess soeone has been messing in the past eh

Yes coding will be higher value on drivers door due to additional functions

On iPhone using Tapacrap