Door lights question

Mike.M

Reaction score
Well I have all the parts to install the red and white door lights but unsure which repair wire to get, when I put the feeds into the window mech 32pin grey connector.

The part numbers I have found are:

000 979 009
000 979 133
000 979 018

all very similar to each other but no idea LOL

I might just go to a breakers and cut a plug off and use them instead if no one knows.

Cheers in advance :)

Last edited:
Sorted.........the repair wires needed are part number 000 979 018

Last edited:
Old thread, but no point starting a new one.

Is it the below pictured plug that needs tapping in to when retrofitting these in the rear doors?

this HTML class. Value is http://s611.pho

I know it's the grey one for the fronts, but there are no pictures/description's of the rear plug other than which pins to use for the rears in any thread that I've found.

Last edited:
Not sure whats happening here, but Photobucket isn't copying the img code for some reason?

In the end I took a feed off the front foot well lights to the seats and works well.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't really need footwell lighting due to the brightness of my interior leds.
I just need to make sure I'm tapping into the correct plug for the door lights in the rear doors. It will probably be a bit clearer once I remove the cards, but it's always nice to have a good idea what your looking for before starting a job.

Don't no if the rears are the same as front but the fronts you connect a wire to a pin on your window motor no need to run a wire into the car

Testicles!

If it's the window motor I'm going to have to tap the rears into the fronts, as I've got keep fit rear windows.