Door handle

Syncopix

OEM+
Reaction score
Now I have had the car a little while, I have started to notice a few things that are bugging me about it. One thing is the drivers side exterior door handle. It seems like the plate the goes over the top of it (and is painted) has come loose and you can move it a bit - i.e. the handle stays still, but it's like there is a metal plate that goes over it.

Does that make sense?

Anyway, is there any way to fix this? All the other handles are fine except this one. It makes a horrible rattling sound when I close the door now too.

Search back through my posts and you should find the answer on how to do it, its simply a case of using a credit card whilst holding the handle up and sliding the silver plate towards the front.

Search back through my posts and you should find the answer on how to do it, its simply a case of using a credit card whilst holding the handle up and sliding the silver plate towards the front.

I have had a look through your posts, but I can't see anything from the thread titles. Any chance you could point me in the right direction?

Hi, this si a common problem with these,mine did it and fell off, it was only £9 for a new one but £30 to have it painted, the best thing to do is remove it go and get yourself some spoiler glue,about £12 from audi or there are cheaper ones on ebay,stick it back on with this and trust me it won't come loose again, you can of course buy a new coplete handle from audi and use the fixing parts to relpace the original ones but it will sure as hell do it again,i speak from experience,

The advice on the link says to insert a screwdriver from the front towards to the back, whereas the image suggests the opposite. Which way is right?

Ok, in my attempt to put it back on, it came off in my hand.

I now know how it should go back on, but ****** me, what tool do you use that is thin enough to fit in the gap?!

the best thing to do is remove it go and get yourself some spoiler glue,about £12 from audi or there are cheaper ones on ebay,stick it back on with this and trust me it won't come loose again

Definately. This what I did after trying several attempts to reattch it, been on about 12 months now - not more rattles:thumbsup:

Did you bother with the silly slider clip thing then? Or did you attach it with the glue?

I didn't bother with the clip, just took it off and glued it back on